INTERVENTION!!! thread.

Let it go. Is your effect in his life proportionate to his effect in yours? And either way, why do you feel the need to be a dick about it?
If dude wants to build customs let him go for it. If he’s so incompetent it’ll become apparent. Now, pointing out that it’s a bad business model, that is productive and true. But just outright roasting someone and saying that they specifically can’t do it is rude. Call it what you want, it’s just rude. Hell, sender ain’t sent me any rude messages or comments. There is a very real difference between constructive criticism vs just general animosity at the person doing stuff. There are a few people in this thread offering genuine advice for doing the thing, or how to make it work, and then there are people like “hey fuck you specifically how dare you try to succeed at this when we have a personal problem with you,” and that second group? Fuck that noise, if this crowd treated you like that you’d leave.

3 Likes

3 Likes

it goes both ways too. If he’d not completely ignore much of the same criticism we gave him last time he tried to start an esk8 business, maybe we wouldn’t be on top of this.

I do think it was the wrong neighborhood. I said that. But I don’t want it to be. I don’t like that at all. We shouldn’t be that kind of crowd. Does anyone disagree with that?

3 Likes

it’s great to see new business, i’m happy for that. by most have likely started doing esk8 as a business because people have seen what they can do and there’s demand for the skills
what i’m seeing aviator do is see the demand for diy services and without giving any forethought, and (based on hostorical events) charging a fortune. even with Art’s help, the lack in experience not only shows potential danger for the buyer physically and aviator business wise, but is potentially dangerous for every other DIY provider

Last time, with almost no experience and with a portfolio of one questionable battery with a bunch of red flags, we had about the same reaction, which was

1. build more and get experience
  2. get better equipment
  3. you have to charge less than everyone else for a product with lower quality

it feels like a slap in the face, seeing our criticism go into the toilet. It also feels incredibly disrespectful, which is why we’re responding this way.

once again, I feel like this goes both ways. If you wanna be a contributing member of the community, don’t ask for advice to immediately throw back in the face of the people helping you

3 Likes

I’m 150% guilty of the same, I just have a lot of charisma bonuses. We’ve all been noobs. Guide the hand. Don’t slap it away. That’s really all I have to offer on the matter.

2 Likes

Back to the task at hand
its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-iasip
@rafaelinmissouri , How many working boards do you have sir?

8 Likes

more than i have brain cells
probably

5 Likes

It’s never not true

9 Likes

I would trust a @rafaelinmissouri build with my life.

10 Likes

But would you trust Raf with your wife? I sure as hell wouldnt.

9 Likes

Man is talented and prolific.

5 Likes

And sucking at something and doing it anyways is how this and every industry started :rofl:
Let the kid fail before you send him a report card ffs.

1 Like

I wouldn’t trust my wife with @rafaelinmissouri , man is :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

7 Likes

shit

i almost trust my baord with my life, consciously

technically i’m trusting my build with my life cause i’m strapped ingoing 30-40 down the road

3 Likes

Depends, which wife? Obligatory /s

1 Like

The blow up one. Is there another?

3 Likes

Besides the one that blew me up? Hell if I know.
Ayyyyyy

I wish mine was this, wouldn’t yell at me about my “expensive hobbies” as much :crazy_face:

4 Likes