Insight into Gearing up for and Maintaining Hoyt Tabor

I recently upgraded from a Tynee Stinger to a Hoyt St Tabor. This thing feels insane to use! Speed mode 2 kicks ass compared to anything I’ve stepped on before. I was just at esk8con Last month! I barely remember my test rides with the Wraith boards now! It was between this and an Onsra and 1st impressions haven’t let me down. I wish I had a way to track how fast and far I travel with this board. The puck doesn’t Have a screen and DAVEGA X Are sold out of kits at the moment. Is there a particular esk8 app I haven’t come across yet to track top speed and distance per trip?

Also I need better gear before I even think of speed mode 3 for my commutes to and back from Trade School in 2 weeks. I need to buy protective gear for My shins, groin, stomach and torso but I’m lost on where to go for practical esk8 friendly stuff.

5 Likes

if you ahve an iphone, the app is called yours truly. as long as you connect to it over bluetooth you’re set

3 Likes

I love seeing folks be intelligent and proactive like this. As someone with a pinned hip, I can tell you the downsides of not wearing protective gear. I was just popping down to 7-11 at the time.

Also, congrats on getting one of the nicest boards in esk8!

7 Likes

I recently picked up a Motorola so im still on android. Makes it easier to spoof youtube and get Vanced going for premium features

1 Like

My scar on the bottom on my bottom lip from full sending it at 19 Mph back when Isinwheel was the fastest board I had on a random street in Vegas last year so im uber paranoid about how a cool, fast cruise session can turn into a bad bail :sweat_smile:

This Hoyt feels awesome! This thing is fucking heavy though! I was so sick of the range anxiety from my Tynee and wanted to make sure I truly had a commute worthy board. 20 miles is a drop in the bucket to the Advertised 40-50. I need a tracker So I can find out what I wan get out of this battery! Sitting at 215 lbs.

2 Likes

i’ve seen a lot of people use Relive

if you have the money for it, motorcycle or downhill mtb helmet, a bionic jacket (plenty of companies make them, protects chest, back and elbows/forearms), leatt dual axis knee guards and gloves with palm sliders are my go to’s for safety gear. i’d recommend visiting cycle gear and trying different helmets and stuff on. they can also order things off their website and exchange them if they don’t fit.

1 Like

This bionic jacket looks kickass! It’s starting to warmp-up here in Vegas so my old leather jacket isn’t gonna cut it for the next 4 months. I have a full face motorcycle helmet thats falling apart, I’m waiting on my Custom Made Gundam helmet to come in the mail later this week. Been rocking some Demon United snowboard wrist guards too. Make holding the Puck a little awkward but Im waiting on some custom Shells in the mail now

Stuck with Android, no Iphone for me unfortunately

here’s the google play link

1 Like

And with this in my tool belt, Im logging a battery test soon as soon spare belts come in the mail for my street wheels. Thanks!

1 Like

I’ve used this or the relive app. Ride has an apple watch app which makes it great for getting live speed and stats on your wrist, just not sure about android support and all that

The freesk8 app is available for Android and is very good.

3 Likes

+1 for leatt dual axis, they are so comfortable and I’ve crashed at 35+ with them no problems.

5 Likes

I bought the Bionice jacket and the Leatt Dual axis pads. Thanks for the help! Im doing what feels like 28 mph on the regular and thats only speed mode 2! I appreciate all the help guys

2 Likes

DUDE THESE KNEE GUARDS ARE SUPER COMFORTABLE. They feel super secure and rugged. Definitely a badass recommendation

1 Like

:grin: I love mine, glad you are happy with em.

I love my Leatt dual axis knees. I’d also second Yours Truly app for ride logging