insanity: 4wd lean mean speed machine

zoom zoom man

3 Likes

hopefully
gearing means top speed of around 60mph and more torque then justa bout anything

with the top mount also its 12s14p p42a which means roughly 450amps or max of like 20kw which is insane

3 Likes

Don’t worry about power. You will notice that you wont need much more than 2kW most of the time. It will be very interesting to see how much power you actually use. My prediction is that you wont pull more than 5kW without falling off :wink:
even “just” the internal 12s8p is capable of much more than you need.

7 Likes

Don’t die :grin:

8 Likes

yeah i realise
cool to say though per ton it has as much power as a supercar
20kw is roughly 30hp
i weigh with the board around 100kg so thats 300hp per ton which is close to some supercars

the battery on top is mainly for range extending and @Battery_Mooch told me its best to avoid putting p42a in the enclosure and 50e on top as different resistances. so gonna go with the same cells in order to keep everything not blown up

will try
safety gear is on its way

hopefully one day i can join an event with all the fast guys in ca

1 Like

Why are you going with 12s on the spintend and not 16? that’ll help with the speed lol

3 Likes

Im sorry i don’t want to derail the thread to much but 20kW is just a phantasy number. There are multiple reasons you wont ever reach that. Maybe if you build everything properly and give it to a heavy rider you can reach around10kW. for a very short time. Sorry im just allergic to inflated bragging numbers.

11 Likes

Yeah the motors are the limiting factor in this case. Close though
Edit: oh, also people are using overly high numbers for battery discharge. I’d estimate it more at around 10kW for the 12s8p battery.

4 Likes

Maybe worth getting a strap with 2 carabiner clips at the ends that you hook around the trucks, and then carry it as a bag :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

dont need more then 60mph… also im not sure if i trust 16s on stintend
still considering 14s but trying to justify the advantages as it requires new chargers and means i lose space in the enclosure

1 Like

yeah def agree
however 10kw is prob more then i will use
20kw is in theory according to the specs the companies give

yeah mooch rates p42a at 25amps so that means closer to 10kw with a 12s8p

also suprisingly bioboards rates the motors at 4.5kw which is a huge amount

doubt i will ever use more then like 5-8kw as im reasonably light

1 Like

I don’t think you’ll ever pull more then 5kw…

6 Likes

Flipsky rates their 6.6 plus esc at 800 amps burst but you won’t see builders around here telling people that their boards can output 40000 watts.

My point is that the manufacturers rating doesn’t mean shit if their product can’t even output half of its rating in the real world.

4 Likes

Cause that’s a reddit thing :smiley:

8 Likes

do they actually claim that high? :laughing:

yeah i know i guess in reality im closer to 10kw which as @deeif put is plenty for me

1 Like

pffffffffffff

i would love to see the beautiful fire resulting in someone pulling 800 amps from that

4 Likes

Well it says instantaneous. When you have inductances and capacitances with AC current weird stuff can happen. Its obviously not a very useful information about its performance. But I would not rule out that there are events where the current can spike like that for a miniscule amount of time

2 Likes

Yeah man, don’t die

Funny enough, I have an old Nissan at around 550hp per ton, gearbox are weak so it’s mostly in bits most of the time

2 Likes

yeah quite into car shows and stuff and recently saw that the worlds top supercars produce like 550 bhp per ton which really suprised me that it was so low.