insanity: 4wd lean mean speed machine

so much harder then it sounds

2 Likes

That’s because your deck is waaay out of the regular deck sizes. You can always just drill new holes in the deck but be very careful not to let any bolt stick out the other side or shorts will happen

2 Likes

It’s always a process of:
“Cool esk8”
3rd result: bajaboard, chinesium crap, evolve

Next searches: evolve reviews, evolve vs bajaboard vs chinesium, bajaboard specs, hobbyking esc compatibility, lingyi esc specs, flipsky warranty

Then from that you pretty much end up in a general direction towards vesc, diy and better quality boards.

Kicking myself that i once found the exact model of the lacroix lights for less than half the price but can’t find it again anywhere

5 Likes

Dang really haha did you check your browser history?

3 Likes

probably faster to just search again online than go through every visited page selling LED lights :laughing:

4 Likes

It’s the SG-K20 I think.
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Cool-design-2piece-XM-L2-U2_60800888422.html?spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.normal_offer.d_title.476d23739tL0jC

5 Likes

That’s exactly the ones lol…
Well, just the headlight part anyway.
Too bad my lacroix lights are already halfway across the world now :frowning:

3 Likes

well sadly injured my ankle yesterday and it seems long term
riding kills my foot now…

not sure what this board is gonna do

1 Like

It’s been a day? Any doctors opinion?

2 Likes

yep 1 day
i played football and fell funny
ankle swollen and bruised

doctor said that it was gonna take around 6 months to heal
putting pressure on it kills + im going to college soon so wont really have the need for this board…

1 Like

:cry: :cry:

sorry guys got more important things to put my money towards as i have college and uni coming up which i gotta pay for
was gonna sell in a couple months but i cant ride eitherway now so its gonna go

thanks to everyone who helped me make this board happen

letting it go for a pretty decent price i think

3 Likes

Bruh what? How do you manage to keep any board for less than 5-6 months…

4 Likes

did my foot in and start of next year im off
thought i may keep while in college but realize i need the money to pay for tuition more

1 Like

Maybe a mini board next? Similar to the evolve stoke. 12s2p, vesc ht60t, 5055 motors and bn180 hangers. Maybe 6-7kg all in if 97mm+ wheels

2 Likes

maybe

i won the exway flex so maybe will use that for a while

3 Likes

Typical Flipsky, full of shit as always… The built is great but trying to go really fast on new (spintend) units is not the best idea, you want realiability and proven vesc type escs. No reason not to use Trampa’s original and best VESCs on the market. The battery is too small for such high gearing, at 30a per cell you will lose over 50% of battery’s capacity instantly because of voltage sag, and those motors will overheat in no time while using fraction of the power they state. Enclosed motors are fine for low amp draw. I can almost overheat open can motors rated at 130a continuous and I weight 55 kg and am pulling max close to 7 kw. Just saying… But again, that build is awesome, would do some changes to it to make it ideal and most reliable as possible though.

4 Likes

55kg 10kg of gear and other 20 of steel balls :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: nice yt contend bdw :heart:

4 Likes

fair but im light so dont pull much

not a lot of voltage sag and it has more torque then most other boards easily
most the time i just run at 4kw max and around 1kw average

when pulling 30amps per cell you will be pulling
30x 8x ( roughly) 40v = (roughly) 10kw

that is more power then you will even need

its 4wd so motors arent overheating or anywhere close as you are maxed to 60amps per motor

the spintend vescs have shown to be super reliable so far (seen i think 2 people who had issues) plus the maker of them has been super open with issues and has really helped to fix anything which goes wrong.

currently the only option which i see as way better then spintend is trampa but i am not paying ÂŁ1000 on 4 vescs which are overpowered for my needs and i feel that the spintend vescs are very reliable

regarding the battery size, i could have fit in 12-14s9p (as @ahrav did) but i went for safety and did extra fishpaper and large conenctions between each series group which took up more space

checking the metr logs, even at 4.3kw of power (100amps x 43v) it sagged from 44.5v to 43v so it isnt losing even close to half the capacity at voltage sag

i agree it would suit a larger battery but this is about the largest you are getting in any street build
for the future probably a top mount battery with an extra 6p may help a lot…

3 Likes

yeah my friend, its a bit sad that the trampa vescs are this expensive, even if they are the best on the market. My heart always says “yes” to trampa vesc but my wallet says “no” :joy:

3 Likes