InfinitySink | Universal Heatsink | Top Mount Boxes

Not getting my hopes up, but this is better than nothing lol. Apparently the problem was getting it on a plane, the actual flight is quick. So hopefully Monday :crossed_fingers:t3:

7 Likes

Alright friends, the plates are in my hand. Before I do a dance of joy, I need to make sure they made em correctly. Will test fit and update you guys shortly

9 Likes

tenor

3 Likes

:tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada:

The place did kind of an ass job making them (holes are kinda meh). But they fit properly and are correct!!!

I will begin the packaging endeavor after lunch.

1 Like

Gotta find you some higher quality machine shops my dude :rofl:

Either way, stoked to get mine in hand :grin:

1 Like

Ya my local shop is the highest quality :joy:

These are new places, it’s a process to find a good shop.

If I did em at my place, I would have had to spend a ridiculous amount of money.

1 Like

Such are the woes :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Gotta say I’m a big fan of the look so far. I did use thermal paste between both layers. Fitment was incredibly fiddly and required a diy job but Anshul assures me that that’s only for VESC6. only Trampa releases inaccurate schematics. :roll_eyes:

Will have this up and running some time this week :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@surfnacho could you dm me about getting me one(heatsink/box/baseplate) for my stormcore? Canada H4E1K1.
And I need to refresh my memory. Could it fit a flipsky dual 6.6?

:weary:

Is this true for the new batch that just came in today?

1 Like

The plate change does.not address the Vesc6 issue afaik. We did work out a few simple fixes, but afaik, you’ll be asked to either using a smaller size bolts and nuts like I have, or only use two bolts per vesc.

I was looking for thermal efficiency so I went with bolts and nuts. I had to mount them opposing.so I could use the prototype case be gave me. This will absolutely NOT be the case that goes into retail since it’s the “fault” of the prototype case.

And that was only fiddly because it was the “developing” of a solution. The solution itself is very straightforward.

1 Like

Trampa gave an incorrect diagram on their site. So the m5 bolts do not all fit properly. I think the best solution for this would be to use m3 or m4 bolts with nuts.

1 Like

Exactly! The fiddlyness was figuring out the solution. Lol

Damn thats unfortunate :worried: fucking trampa…

@Agressivstreetlamp or @surfnacho do either of you have pictures of the suggested workaround for VESC6’s?

2 Likes

Robin will. Honestly very easy work around. Just instead of using the m5 screws, use m3 screws and some nuts.

1 Like

Here’s what I did. I mounted each vesc in opposite direction and used a mix of long 30mm or so m3 and M4 bolts so I could pass the bolts through the threaded heatsink holes. The mix of screws was only because it’s what I had on hand. Using a matching set.of 8 30mm screws with bolts will work fine. Look closely and you’ll see the long bolts stick out the top of the VESC

This is to attach the Vesc6 to the plate. The plate to the sink stays the exact same as before.

Opposite direction is only because I wanted to use the smaller orange box that Anshul prototyped. The box is very small and mounting the VESC in opposite directions allows me to mount the VESC so they are all the way together. If you mount them both in the same direction, then they will be slightly further apart. About a 5mm gap between them.

Lol fuck

Some pictures of the issue, and one off the approximate size of the gap when mounted normally.

3 Likes

TO BE CLEAR

The smaller box in Robin’s photos is an older version. The final rev will not require rotating one of the vescs. The final will be larger and be easier to assemble in.

1 Like

Thanks Trampa!!

1 Like

Yup this is a great sink overall. Very minor issue that will affect a very small percentage of users.

Can’t wait to see the thermals

1 Like

literally 2% of of people who bought from me

1 Like