Infinity Logger (iLogger) - Micro SD, GPS, WIFI, CAN, UART, Tool App

order done :+1:

so, after initial setup, every time I get back home from ride, my board will automatically connect to home wifi and sync ride data with my online account - data that I could analyze over pc or cell phone any time I want?

5 Likes

Thanks for your order :slightly_smiling_face:

Thats a neat idea and can be easily done, right now I have it set up so that all your logged data is stored on the sd card, and whenever you want to access a specific ride, you open the app, select the ride you want to view, and it will stream to your phone, you can easily post to the online API and get a unique link to view it.

I can add an option for automatic synchronization, that way everytime your module is connected to the internet, it will upload your rides to your account without the need for a phone. I just need to create an account system for users to store their data online.

8 Likes

alright, awesome!
but if I got whole project right, module will save any ride data, I don’t have to manually turn it on? I have to manually connect to module over my phone to view that data?

also, you mentioned lifetime odometer. I guess it counts all uptime hours, riding hours, average speed and so on. could it be implemented in a way like DAVEGA - so each part could have it’s own lifetime odometer too?

2 Likes

Yes the main goal of this module is to make it very convenient to store and view your data anytime. Once the module is setup, it will always automatically log your rides everytime you turn your board on, you don’t have to connect it to a phone or start a ride manually.

It has an option to set it to record only when moving, or all the time.

With the automatic online synchronization you mentioned, everything can be seamlessly streamlined, and you probably won’t need to use your phone other than to change settings.

Regarding lifetime values, it does currently calculates and stores several variables like lifetime odometer and uptime hours. I’m thinking about adding lifetime power consumption and a running average of all the stats. If you have a suggestion in mind let me know.

8 Likes

Looks like a awesome project. I am going to follow this. Automatic uploaded rides over wifi + not needed to connect your phone the whole ride is awesome. When I do a ride with my brother we sometimes swap boards mid ride and my metr disconnect then. A whole log + automatic is nice. I also sometimes forgot to start tracking my ride.

6 Likes

Damn this is a cool project. Super tempted to buy one, but I will probably wait and see how reliable it is.
Does anybody know many CAN devices can we currently wire up on one Vesc without having any termination resistor issues?
Have you thought about adding a second parallel CAN connector to the other side of the pcb? It would make the wiring easier.

3 Likes

@GeorgS Thanks man.
Theoretically, the last time I checked, you can add up to 255 different nodes on the Vesc CAN bus. The two Vescs are already terminal ended, so any node added to the bus shouldn’t be.
Adding a second parallel CAN connector is actually a good idea, that way it makes it easier to chain devices.
I’m going to improve the hardware design a bit and will post the results once done.

7 Likes

Oh okay, so if it is just a node it makes even more sense to have two connectors on the board. DieBieMS also has two, so one could connect this setup like this: VESC - iLogger - DieBieMS - VESC, without soldering a new CAN cable.

2 Likes

I was just wondering about an sd-card blackbox system that works regardless if you have a (charged) phone with you or if you remember to start logging. This module sounds awesome. All it misses is a PayPal purchase option ;).

2 Likes

This is awesome for people who need to use their UART pins for an IMU. I was thinking of dreaming up a can bus bluetooth module, but now i don’t have to!

3 Likes

This is probably the coolest feature, most of the time I forget to start my logging on my bluetooth module & whatnot.

This project is awesome! Can’t wait to see it in action, and you’re USA based so that’s a plus for me!

1 Like

This is awesome!

1 Like

Having support to FlexiBMS would be great, as far as I know the data is almost identical

And also, since you have plenty of space for records, recording the voltage of each parallel group and other stats from the BMS would be awesome

Would help to identify a faulty cell or something wrong with the pack

4 Likes

Support for FlexiBMS is definitely on my todo list. As you mentioned, it shouldn’t be that different from DieBieMS.

Battery pack stats logging sounds useful, I think the way to approach this is to create a new log section for BMS related stats, while having Vesc related stats grouped together, and maybe add a new tab in the app for each.

I’m going to keep testing for BMS support, and maybe early adopters of the iLogger can help with that as well.

6 Likes

That would be super cool, if it was all together in one place like that

Would be nice to get support for LTT smart bms, but don’t think it has CAN port.

1 Like

Yeah from the look of it it doesn’t seem to have CAN, and not really documented.

It does have can from what I remember but there’s also the ANTBMS smart BMS which also has a communication port. Would be awesome to have integrated support for at least one of the Chinese smart BMS’s out there.

I’m probably gonna order 1 or 2 of these either way but it’d be awesome to have some better support for those Chinese smart BMS’s.

Amazing! Exactly what a lot of people need. A combo between Davega and Metr! I was hoping Davega was heading in that direction in the very beginnings because, for me, a screen on the deck is nice to have, but all time automated logging and the practicality of smartphone for logs is way higher up my wanted list.

If the app, functionality and software is of the same level as both those products we’re in for a treat! :star_struck:

4 Likes

Can you guys setup to accept paypal payments?