Infinity Logger (iLogger) - Micro SD, GPS, WIFI, CAN, UART, Tool App

Perfect, got it. I’ll do this asap.

1 Like

Hi.I need to use external 9dof i2c imu with a bluetooth simultaneously. Is it possible to use an original android VESC app to make a changes in vesc Balance app using youe device? I am creating a special mass production gimball for the pro 360 cameras. And i need external IMU and bluetooth at the same time. I am using vesc6 mk4.

Thanks. Best regards Andrii Shramko.

ps. how to paste YouTube sample video of my prototype in post? The site message telling me that i can’t do it.

Hi @zmei116, it sounds like an exciting project you are working on.
The iLogger currently only works with the companion Infinity Tool app, however, I have plans to support the standard Vesc communication through the Vesc app in the future.

For now, I’m focusing on ironing out the core features of the iLogger first.

I just put in an order. I’m interested to see it in action! :+1:

3 Likes

Ola Amigo. Order 1513 here, do you have a rough estimate on when the next loggers will be shipped ?
No pressure, but i’d like to have an idea. Ordered 28/09

1 Like

I received second batch modules v0.2, today I flashed the latest firmware on them and completed final hardware testing. I expect to have them shipped out very soon. I will be sending out tracking information by email.

6 Likes

I’ll be ordering one too. I love metr pro but having a phone to log is not ideal. Gotta see how the user experience is compared to metr pro.

6 Likes

Thanks! The firmware is getting is more stable after each update, and I’m confident, with the help of the community, we can get out of beta in no time. It’s crazy how much improvements the software went through since the initial release.

6 Likes

You have honest tech in hand. Glad to support. Great idea. Thanks for the update

4 Likes

Hey guys,

Today I finished processing all batch #2 orders and tracking information should be sent by email in a few hours.

I still have 3 modules left ready for shipping from batch #2 if anyone is interested :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Got my I logger. Excited to see how the VESC handles data logging from three sources. I believe I saw somewhere that if a UART device is reading from the VESC that I won’t be able to change settings from another device ( I think this was in regards to the Davega + Metr combo) Would this be the same from a device connected via CAN and another connected via UART

3 Likes

that’s what the unity does, straight up lock all the changeable vales, not sure about other escs as i’ve learnt my lesson not to connect the UART device before setting up the vales

1 Like

This really all depends on what the peripherals are doing, but yes, I can imagine that there is just as much a Vesc MCU can handle before being overloaded. Depending on the frequency of the command requests coming from either UART or CAN, they all need to be processed by the Vesc MCU, if the requests are excessive, they might block other tasks.

2 Likes

I see , guess I’ll be the first tester of what happens when METR, VESC, and iLogger Try to data log simultaneously

2 Likes

Why do you need all of that at the same time?

1 Like

Data redundancy. I’m also interested in some of the features that the VESC Tool data logging has that the others don’t (like gyroscope data). It should also ensure that say something goes wrong at least one of the three should still have captured data.

2 Likes

finally got my ILogger. Yay. but sad, as I my projects pile up is larger than I’m burning it down. wondering if I’ll be able to play with it enough before it’s somehow obsoleted. :frowning:

2 Likes

We are barely warming up and getting started here :smile: The good stuff is still coming up after Beta testing is done.,a very advanced super awesome smart remote control that works with the iLogger is in the making :sunglasses:.

3 Likes

Mine are stuck in Chicago for the last week, Likely catching a Bulls Game and eating Deep Pan pizza. Jerks

2 Likes

Hi, can you start harassing the courier, apparently I am in a completed state according to the tracking, yet I feel far from complete.

Order #1472 from July 18, 2020