Inclusion – Let’s all work on it

Yeah well I grew up in a church. Three days a week, because I was part of the worship band for years. Probably in church more than you. Was a spiteful person just like you. Suffered 12 fucking years of religious abuse, pastors telling me that gay people will burn in hell and not to go near them.

That didn’t affect the person I became. Stop using your past as an excuse for your hate.

10 Likes

Oh, you’re one of those unfortunates. You know how many gays came to me with that same statement and yet, still loved by them because they now understood what the Bible meant? And even asked me to pray for them to be straight? I don’t know what church you got, but I wasn’t Christian until I was 18.

yes, i was reading from the start, still, i stand by what i wrote above.

i’ve said enough, im outta here

4 Likes

@longhairedboy

I apologize for this thread as well. If you wish, are you able to have a clean slate? I do not wish to derail what this thread means by allowing something misunderstood to go further.

Thanks.

Every post I read of yours is
80% I get that
20% wait, wtf what did you just say? why? ugh…

4 Likes

I get that a lot. I’m very misunderstood.

Yeah a lot of my friends are also like that unfortunately. Takes a lot of digging to figure out where they’re coming from and find some middle ground. But I digress, we are definitely off topic.

1 Like

…Meth

Regardless of the small bits of negativity , I love all you esk8 people :heart:

4 Likes

I did meth for a year an I find that offensive! Mef is bad

5 Likes

don’t worry it wont last long.

but i would like to point out that when i was growing up in mississippi it was considered acceptable for little white kids to chase black people down the street screaming racial slurs.

things change. times change. change with them and grow and learn, or get left behind to wallow in anachronistic filth.

12 Likes

The goal here was to offer some new resources to help folks understand how to create an inclusive environment for our LGBTQIA+ forum members.

Despite some complaints from a few (see above), that mission will continue. Our forum rules disallow homophobic and discriminatory language. But beyond that, we will create an environment where everyone feels comfortable and welcome. If you just can’t help but to sputter hateful platitudes online, this isn’t the place for you.

Thanks to everyone for the supportive messages and posts. We’ll either leave this thread closed as-is, or clean up the derailing content and re-open it for further discussion later.

28 Likes