Herringbone Gears Avio MK2 Gear Drive

Zoom bitches

3 Likes

I was looking a little awkward. This was my last run of the day. Legs were fried lol

7 Likes

Oof I used the search function and could not find anything, even had a look on the Google drive file to see if there was an option. The drives only work with motors that have an 8mm shaft right? 10mm wouldn’t work?

The pinion has an 8mm bore

3 Likes

Cheers :blush:
Is a 10mm possible/option?

Have to take that up with @avX. Or if you know a machinist you can bore the pinion up to 10mm and have to add a new key slot. Or lathe the shaft down to 8mm

2 Likes

Ah good idea! Still new to all these (simple) amazing machines I was not aware of and they don’t come to mind quickly.
Thanks Kenny!

1 Like

@KfromtheBay how can this be achieved :rofl::+1: (what tool/machine)

1 Like

That’s above my pay grade lol

8 Likes

Haha :rofl:
No worries

1 Like

you’re getting paid? all i get is @BillGordon 's empty promises and @Zach 's occasional longing but distant glances.

8 Likes

3mm broach with a lathe

3 Likes

Congrats on your podium, Kenny!

1 Like

Thanks @BillGordon!

3 Likes
14 Likes

Always possible, but it will have to be customed for those who want it and will probably cost extra. Alternatively, you could it to a machinist and have the pinion lathed to 10mm, with a 3mm keyway.

1 Like

I had no idea about this ty for sharing

3 Likes

Thank you @deucesdown and @avX!
If i knew a guy that would be easy but where i live you don’t have those sort of things. If it is an issue in the future i will pm you @avX and see what can be done :wink:

1 Like

Haha I just watched the video and he only cuts the keyway into the pulley. No shaft mangling. 5/10 for me lol.

1 Like

Also just in case if you plan to use the 6396s from the recent group buy, it might not fit because the mount to mount distance for the motors are not long enough.

5 Likes