Herringbone Gears Avio MK2 Gear Drive

I’ve had so much going on and I feel bad that it’s taken this long. But finally! The time is here! Upgrading to the precision Kahua and Avio Mk2!

16 Likes

Yeah sure! Print away (:

4 Likes

Would love to hear your thoughts on the mk2s (:

2 Likes

Locked and loaded. Hitting the road for Bakersfield in 9 hours!

19 Likes

Hope the loctite dries then! :rofl:

You’re gonna love it.

3 Likes

I hope it dries in the next hour. I need to test it out! :joy:

4 Likes

Good luck, Kenny!

2 Likes

Thank you Sir @BillGordon. My goal is finishing the race without leaving my board. Anything else that might happen is just a bonus :call_me_hand::metal:

5 Likes

15T pinions?

1 Like

13t :scream::sunglasses:

4 Likes

13t I think is plenty. My max was 39mph, but that was on a not so gnarly downhill - fair amount. On flats, I get 36 - 37mph. Going 15t is insane.

190kv maytechs
12s6p
6" pneumies

1 Like

I mean… i think @KfromtheBay is using his old 220kv maytechs with 13T though haaha.

6 Likes

This is true lol. We’ll see what it can do when the sun is out. Could only get it up to 36 with how dark it is right now at midnight lol

3 Likes

Dang dude. Are you planning to go airborne? That’s crazy.

6 Likes

12T might actually be perfect for this setup. But we’ll see how things go. Gonna need all the speed going up against stooges 50mph boards lol

9 Likes

That’s gonna be tough. He’s on a totally different level. His boards geometry w his programmable esc w high discharge lipo… We have very similar setup in rc. Totally different world. He’s way ahead of the game.

Should be pretty fun tho. Maybe one of these days I’ll try to go.

Good luck man. Be safe!

5 Likes

overheated my ESC and motors doing 2 runs up and down without a break in between. But these drives are buttery smooth!

21 Likes

15:43? :smiley:

1 Like

Getting Real Close to that 45+ mark :grin:

1 Like

What tires are those? Dont look like stock bergs