iLogger - Updates / Support / Dev [Serious]

pretty hands :heart_eyes:

Straight to jail

Thatā€™s over can or UART? If you mentioned in the video my b didnā€™t hear.

Canā€™t bus :moyai:

2 Likes

youā€™re not the only blessed person :rofl:
got an email reply, testflight update inbound, and new remote firmware too.
also got my BT codes

2 Likes

I guess I have to email him instead of dm

TestFlight up & running

2 Likes

Got it. Another test flight huh, thought we would get the full app this time maybe.

2 Likes

It has a Musk to it for sure :joy:
Soon
Next year

1 Like

Hi I bought one of these a couple of months ago.

I am impressed by the product and its capabilities. it is exactly what I need! Very compact and impressive build and app.

However, I face two issues:

1. I need some kind of invitation to IOS TestFlight, to run the app on my iPhone. How do I get one of these? I have an old crappy Android that I can use in the meantime, but it is not ideal at all (see next point).

2. If I do a log more than 20sec or so, I cannot import it into the app. After loading for about 45 sec I get an error: ā€œError occured while streaming fileā€. Has anyone else got this error? One theory I have is that the old crappy Android I use have too slow bluetooth connection. Can this be it?

Thank you for any helpful information! Cheers

2 Likes

We havenā€™t heard from @WavRX in quite some time unfortunately. Itā€™s a shame, this project has always looked super cool, just donā€™t know what happened to the dev. Many people have had problems.

2 Likes

Not even a pep talk email brought him back, Idk wtf is going on.

Hopefully nothing bad happened to the guy but a good explanation is required at some point why he let things fail into this state.

1 Like

WAVRX, please check your email and reply customer! No reply over 30 days!

He hasnā€™t been online since November last year.

Really the only honourable thing to do here would be to open-source the product.

He did reply to me by mail about how busy he was (guessing day-job) but is using the @WavRX pseudonym & proxy anonymity to simply park products. In his defence I seem to have been able to get the app back on TestFlight but no store presence means it will probably not be there too long. Plus doomed to not keep up with VESC major releases (canā€™t remember if it supports 6.x)

This is why FREESK8 is better, people busy or move on itā€™s up to you to pick up the baton, complaints are illegitimate.

Also honourable mention to DaveGAā€™s lite src code by @janpom on GitHub demonstrating how this works. Baton picked up by @Charclo forked Roxieā€¦excellent gentleman

Oh and @shamanā€™s cheap FOCer is a gateway drug to anyone with limited resources wanting a VESC based ESCā€¦the coolest of beans

Itā€™s always going to be a difficult decision to open-src your work, time = money for most of us & any vendor looking to make a living off esk8 endeavours better like ramen.

PS. Who wants a couple of Proton monitors & a Photon remote? they are really museum quality

6 Likes

I have an iLogger, and I can get the device to connect in the app, but nothing works, the settings button never opens anything. the PIN is correct, but i cannot get any status at all.

yeah its all been fucked for a while now. welcome to the club

seems like a lame club

1 Like

No complementarity biscuits

App is going to expire in a mth, my impression is get ready to say goodbye to any s/w