If TB were to disappear, where will we get new large thane?

Super overrated. I’d take tb110s over them.

1 Like

I suspect this could be overhyped too, but we need someone here to actually review them. They look decent enough and probably get really good grip because they are rubber

I’ve never tried them but nothing beats cali poured thane

not true kegel core, use of pressfit pulley require widening the holes

anyone wanna learn a new skill and make some money ^-^

4 Likes

Something about China makes it fucking impossible for them to follow any spec. They couldn’t stick a 20x20mm rod into a 22x22mm hole

I’d love to be a fly on the wall at a chinese engineering school. I wanna see in what class they teach students how to fuck literally everything up

USA needs to step up in manufacturing as a matter of quality, cant stand chinesium anymore.

2 Likes

I watched a man address that very issue last night on an NPR live stream.

The class on being in a trade war with the US.

6 Likes

Anyone looking to move their manufacturing out of China would do well to look at the Czech Republic and/or Poland. (I’m hoping a bunch of EU folks correct me with further options!)

One of the goals we have for DRI is to move all of our manufacturing either local or to the EU.

19 Likes

I can contend with what you’re saying here having talking to Dex for a while

I do not understand why the outlook on TB now is so negative from our community lol

Same, I think they will be great, but I wish they were 120mm instead of 105. 105 is absolute bottom limit for my drop through hummie

2 Likes

It’s not only about the skill, it’s also about the formula and process like temp etc I believe…

Group fund molds from @RipTideSports Brad to have new wheels and compounds but he’s already working something up :laughing:

2 Likes

He’s ignoring us when we bring up issues with his most expensive product

5 Likes

He doesn’t even go on the forums anymore, hasn’t since March

I agree the response has been less than desirable for those that have issues with the DD, but the rest of the business is fine.

The problem is there isn’t good competition for those DD either

2 Likes

I think all of the recent major problems and issues people have had with his products and then his lack of even caring to tend to these problems and the attitude he takes with people when issues have brought up have led to people being turned off by him. His ego and attitude on the forum is funny sometimes, but when shit gets real and its a safety issue like the DD thread and he does jack shit it makes people mad, myself included. His actions on here have definetly turned me off from buying his products.

tldr: tb customer service kinda sucks major dong

9 Likes

That leads us to the question: if he wont stand behind his most expensive product, who knows what else he wont stand behind

3 Likes

He ran away from his most informed customers, what do you think that says about his products

3 Likes

The DD? This has been an ongoing issue for some time.

It is only behind handled by him now as far as I know… there were some bad apples in there for a while.

You know exactly how that thread went. It was a shitshow fueled by a less than desirable response from him

A very pessimistic outlook, but still valid

Not abec or clone, custom core.

2 Likes

Whoever it is aside, these threads never end well and have literally no constructive point in existing. That is my opinion, take it or leave it.

I say this because of the deconstructive title of the thread. Something much more useful would have been “If TB were to disappear, where will we get new large thane?”

There is no good ending for this, and Dex is not going to come on here and read this, and be like OH, yknow, THIS is what will make things change lmao

5 Likes

I mean I think that kinda says enough on its own, he should be actively trying to fix potential major problems right?

Maybe it’s changed, but whenever I had to do CS with him and it was him alone handling it, it was an absolute shitshow and he pretty much refused to help me

2 Likes

agreed

1 Like