Ideas for BOTY 2021 thread

@BenjaminF Guess some want the BOTY to still happen.

4 Likes

I had some tiny hopes for a first build participant, until i saw this green oni. That build is awesome!

1 Like

I’m still thinking about creating a Build thread for my MTB that i have started building and upgrading since 2019. (unrelated to BOTY)

I don’t even really have a build that qualifies - I just want to see what other people have got

My build thread for my MTB has been hilariously under developed, and I’ve mostly just been spending time filming and doing Youtube rather than writing long form build stuff on here

That being said, I could “finish” it, finish the thread, and make it nom worthy, but idk if I feel like it lol

1 Like

idk why we wouldnt want it to happen? Arent we on here to have fun? I think boty is fun.

1 Like

Exactly. I can’t see how it can be a bad thing.

I really like seeing good builds selected in one place. A ton of inspiration one can get from looking at those.

2 Likes

Hell yeah, this too

Yeah it’s a good summary at the end of the year. Also it makes you feel nice if someone nominates your board lol

3 Likes

As far as prizes go, it appears that nowind has everything he needs. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

I think he deserves to win the overall BOTY

But what about more categories? More details and more good feels for more people

2 Likes

If there are no prizes then I suppose we could have more than just 3 categories :upside_down_face:

1 Like

We should wait until the year closes to start nominations, or it becomes unfair.

1 Like

It needs to be a date cutoff of “this build & thread is complete”

No sneaking in days after or anything like that

“complete” as in there are no major component changes I would say

1 Like

We should give out plastic participation trophies to anyone that made a build thread!

Wait, on second thought…

I think prizes are a good idea. Even if it’s just one small one, and it’s hotly contested.

This is the precise reason we should wait until Jan 1 to discuss this at all.

1 Like

The nomination does not yield benefits. Early voting would.

2 Likes

Nomination could, because if you see a build get nominated and a reason why, you can just include that on your December build, except better. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Easier said than done, and fair play if so. You can steal ideas from others all year; I don’t see this as an issue. Not like people are waiting last second to submit their build threads of secret boards

2 Likes

Brent is waiting to blow my tits clean off. And that’s just one person who’s disclosed secret plans publicly.

2 Likes

Can I please watch from the corner of the room?

2 Likes