Ideas for BOTY 2021 thread

Going to have to think on this one for me personally. To break into categories but then still go for only one board as overall doesn’t feel right.

Plus, that’s a shitload of gear to deal with. 6 total payouts with the final one needing to be bigger than the rest.

For me, there’s nothing wrong with “EMTB Builder of the Year”, “Street Builder of the Year” and so on.

7 Likes

Agreed

2 Likes

This I love, though. Doesn’t it almost have to be a Dicksoaurus for each, though?

5 Likes

I think there are a lot of good ideas for categories and requirements are listed here and I’d love to see this year have a few more; maybe not weighted equally? I agree that the “first, second and third” system doesn’t encapsulate everything but it does have merit and could be good.

Of course there would be the main winner of the Build Of The Year while the few other winners of each category can claim their appropriate title. I don’t know if entries should be for everything, or for a specific category but here I am thinking “stealth” or “MTB” boards are pretty specific so it wouldn’t matter and everything can be voted on.

I don’t really think the emphasis is on big prizes for winning, but the title itself and sick board that comes with it (and the bragging rights of course lmao). Prizes are nice though and I do like to see cool rewards like just last time.

2 Likes

Let’s see how you treat me for the rest of the year.

4 Likes

I will get him to take his teeth out next time if you like.

6 Likes

No need. He fits between the gaps.

5 Likes

No challenge with only 4 teeth left.

7 Likes

What about if the overall winner simply wins the title and trophy. The prizes go to category winners. Just another thought.

2 Likes

I feel like the overall winner would be disappointed to not get prizes when category winners do

Wouldn’t the overall winner also be a category winner though?

1 Like

I agree, and this is totally my fault for this year’s being visible. I was short on time and jumped into making the voting thread without being fully practiced with the discourse voting system, or allowing my fellow BOTY Committee members to weigh in.

Mea culpa, mea culpa.

5 Likes

Theoretically maybe but I feel like the overall winner should still be like the “best” prizes?

Idk as soon as you introduce categories it makes it more complicated haha

1 Like

They will get the equal best prize as they will be a category winner as Brian said. And they’ll leave with the trophy for best overall build too. Winning :blush:

Last minute rush shit. Might have done the same.

1 Like

We should do a community vote when we can wrestle the issue down to 3 or so polls. Starting early affords that.

3 Likes

I agree. Someone can crawl this thread for all the suggested categories and put them all in a poll. Then maybe a second poll for how many categories should be picked?

edit: Actually it should be the other way around. A first poll to pick how many categories there should be, then a second poll to choose the categories. That way, the category poll can allow lets say 3 choices per voter (if 3 is the selected number of categories).

See, I learn from my poll mistakes

3 Likes

Practical question : When is it scheduled? Submissions can be done until when?

But not from your Bear411 errors.

1 Like

End of 2021. Early Dec to late Dec most likely.

2 Likes