Ideas for BOTY 2021 thread

Not cool, Shua. Please show Mike more respect.

5 Likes

believe me im in awe of that build its absoloutely insane
just i believe not very practical
probably looking at 100wh/mi

Suggest you rephrase then.

3 Likes

I’d personally like to see a category for the most engineered DIY board. Stuff that’s pushing the boundaries of what people can do at home - After seeing how little love Mud Monster got I was a little disappointed.

13 Likes

or a catgory for most diyed board

the board that uses the least bought pieces and builds the most parts himself

5 Likes

Agreed but the below surely would have had to win :face_with_hand_over_mouth: its amazing in every dimension of DIY.

Kinda sad it didnt win anything :cry:

@RomainOnWheels your board is next level.

10 Likes

Yes, we’re leaving great builds on the table with current format.

1 Like

That’s an excellent example.

2 Likes

Oh wow yeah I forgot about that!

Another example of innovative DIY that would never win anything with the current format.

6 Likes

I don’t understand how it didnt get more votes… On a DIY forum. Made me cry a little. :eyes:

Absolutely needs to be a ‘100% DIY BOTY’ category for people that have got the brains, skills and time to do the aforementioned!

(This is not to take anything away from the spectacular boards that won this year!)

8 Likes

Strong point there.

3 Likes

Most important of all, we must find a way to change its name to “the BOOTY”, we are way too close to a perfect acronym to leave it as is.

12 Likes

Build Off, Of The Year!

10 Likes

Adding your name to “the list” just like Santa. You’re on “the list” now, bub.

5 Likes

I strongly back the stealth category, with a few countries having
laws against PEVs (uh cringe), it would be really good for future DIY-ers to have a few build threads to get inspiration from. For me, i will probably be building one or two stealth boards this year.

10 Likes

Maybe three?

3 Likes

Hummie hubs will come into play, maybe an attempt to do DIY hubs? All these ideas!

5 Likes

Another idea: helping a fat and sloppy friend make one.

5 Likes

This is a huge reason I suggest it.

Another reason is because it’s really difficult to do really well. I realize the risk of seeing five “meh” hub motor boards but I don’t think that risk will materialize in this crowd. Yet another reason is because a lot of folks can only use those kinds of boards (for legal reasons) and 99% of what they see here is out of reach because it’s the opposite of stealth.

And again, it’s really difficult to do real well and the better you want it, the more exponentially difficult it becomes.

And for what it’s worth, I have no horse in this race because esk8 is legal here and I build anti-stealth.

4 Likes

Ahem… in with the first hub build of 2021.

The challenges involved with a stealth build seem pretty difficult. Hanging to see what comes out of @Linny’s weed lab this year :ok_hand:

11 Likes