IDEA Split Angle Brackets Group Buy

After being on here for awhile, and building on the IDEA deck platform for quite some time now, I’ve decided to try and incorporate some new features to the brackets that should improve the overall performance and allow for even more customization within the platform.

Intro aside, what I’m trying to produce here is drop brackets for the IDEA deck platform with built in split angles, +10 degrees on the front, -10 degrees on the rear. Combined with the ~35mm effective drop of the truck mounting (or ~45mm if your trucks are mounted drop through), this results in an extremely low (while still having room for a single stack enclosure with most trucks), stable ride with a nice steering bias towards the front. Furthermore, the brackets incorporate not only adjustable wheelbase via multiple mounting holes for the brackets to the deck (Allows for the addition of 10mm to the wheelbase front and rear), but two sets of mounting holes are available for the truck interface to allow for minor variance in ride height, allowing for even more customization of the ride feel.

To produce these, I’ve partnered up with @IDEA to get them made and distributed, with a goal of an initial run of 4 units at a price of $180/set (shipping not included). I’ll be handling logistics within the US to hopefully cut down the expensive shipping cost, although this is open to other countries, you’d just have to pay for shipping of your set alone. These will hopefully be the perfect addition to your builds, and really allow you to push the limits of these boards at higher speeds. If i can get a response below here of any parties that are for sure interested in the initial buy in, that would be a huge help in getting this project off of the ground.

14 Likes

I would like to add that if someone orders a set of brackets, he will receive an additional discount on the deck.
Standard price is $180, currently I have a price reduction to $160 but if you buy the brackets the price for the deck will be $140.

5 Likes

To try and incentivize more people and get this to happen, im going to offer to personally cover the shipping expenses within the US if we reach the goal of four sets sold. That means a final price to your door of $180. As you can tell, i really want to get these made :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

i wish i had a need for these to help u out. XD

4 Likes

Whats to say you dont :smiling_imp:

1 Like

So, just as an update - Ive elected to pay more upfront to have a first set made for myself, so this is absolutely happening. As always, id like to increase the quantities so i can bring down the prices for other buyers, and my offer to cover shipping for any stateside buyer that goes in on the first group purchase still stands.

5 Likes

I might have made these a bit too low. Will be revising this for better clearance, but the prototypes look great and the performance should be nice. Standing platform will be near level with the axles if you drop through some TKPs.

4 Likes

Drop definitely seems excessive

1 Like

Low is a whole different ballpark when it comes to ride feel, so while i’m gonna raise the standing platform a bit, i’m still trying to keep the standing platform as close to axle height as i can. Will likely be using it with SRB wheels or the like, so clearance won’t be as bad.

3 Likes

As an update - the first prototypes have been made, ill be testing them shortly. Angles are a little less aggressive on the slope to the truck mounting face, theyre a bit more symmetric in terms of wheel clearance, and have been better height matched front to back.

4 Likes

I will add something from myself… these are the brackets made for @Ac53n, I assembled this board to see how it fits.

4 Likes