IDEA - Deck with Brackets

much oof… also, youre light seems to have fallen off in the bottom picture

1 Like

Anyone have any hacks or mods to this deck to stop your feet from sliding off the ends? My back foot seems to hold on well enough, but my front foot really likes to keep sliding forwards and over the brackets, forcing me need to slow down and readjust my stance. Maybe coarser grip-tape would help, but then I lose the ability to micro-adjust my feet during turns as easily :confused:

1 Like

Try the riptide concave footstop. I know you didn’t like the solid one you were using, but the riptide has some nice give to it.

3 Likes

Thanks, will do! That being said, without any footstops my front foot ends up directly over the bracket bolts, so I wonder if this will be long enough to reach from the other end of the brackets :laughing:

Yeah it was too short, only covered the soles of my shoes. And the newbee footstops I liked for the rear, but up front it’s too close to the center of the deck, but my toes are at the side :sweat_smile:

1 Like

recently installed one and finding the same thing, it wants me to square my stance up much more than where I’d like to be, if I put my foot into a comfortable position, my boot is only making contact with the tip of the footstop

2 Likes

In the bottom photo I don’t have the lamp installed, the top photo is taken a few days later

I bought a NEWBOLER LedBar and installed it without much modification. I only made an adapter to mount the flashlight on the PKP hanger

That’s why it’s mounted so low

7 Likes

Thats much more elegant than the hack i did :laughing:

1 Like

I have information from Alan @eboosted that the enlarged enclosure will be as early as June, perhaps this week :slight_smile:

I’ll send more information about it when I get the photos, but I’m glad that now there will be 2 options to choose from

4 Likes

A stiffer version of the deck would be nice. Or maybe some plates you could bolt on to the underside to make it more rigid. That would be a cool way each person could customize their deck :slight_smile:

Your deck has a flex 2, so it is flexible.

I currently stock the more rigid, flex 1 and 1.5

Decks with flex 2 are not currently offered

I bought it from @CrazedMK who alleges it was flex 1 :person_shrugging:

@CrazedMK bought 2 decks.

I think first had flex 2 and the other had flex 1, but I don’t remember exactly, I would have to check in the history of our correspondence

This is his board with flex 2

You can check the type of your deck yourself

Measure the thickness of the deck in the middle, if it is about 11 mm, then the deck with flex 1, if the thickness is about 10 mm, then the deck with flex 2

Looks like flex 2 would provide a nice ride for those using urethane wheels.

Enclosure increases the rigidity of the deck.

As you mount the eboosted enclosure the rigidity of the deck will increase

Mike says he ordered flex 1 in August. I measured and the width is 10.5mm, so I don’t know which one it really is :laughing: But I guess it doesn’t matter, I’ll live with what I have

Would it be able to fit an ESC inside any easier? I’ve realized that the SS enclosure is actually just way too short to house my SKP solo, even if i do everything possible to reduce it’s height. The only way i can fit the ESC inside is if it put it between the brackets, which obviously has some issues with packaging the battery around it at that point. Also, after measuring my SS enclosure, it’s actual usable height at the center is roughly 28mm at the most, and as little as 26mm in some spots - without even accounting for the brackets. Underneath the brackets, the usable height is even further reduced down to around 15mm, which is basically unusable for anything. As is, i’d need to make an enclosure spacer around 10mm tall at a minimum to have any hope of fitting an ESC and cells inside, which isn’t great.

Would you be willing to make one that’s like… 13mm for use with a top-box battery rather than an enclosure? And correspondingly lower brackets.

If Mike ordered flex 1, it’s probably the one I sent him but I’m not sure now, that was almost a year ago, I may have sent him a flex 2 by mistake :confused:

A flexible deck is a great thing,

I love it, I have 4 boards (1 under construction) with this deck.
Two of them have flex 2, one has flex 1 which I’m not too fond of and the fourth one has flex 2.5, it’s very flexible and I’m building a hub motors board with it because the wheels are very hard.

If you stand on the board on its edges (riding position), the deck is not as flexible as during your tests, in addition, the enclosure stiffens the deck

Once you assemble the board, I think you’ll appreciate its flexibility

1 Like

Right, the first version of the case @eboosted is low, it looks great but fitting the parts is problematic, so after my persuasion Alan is making a second version with deeper at the ends to fit the batteries and ESC on the brackets without any problem.

BTW
It is possible to install a 12S4P 21700 battery and ESC in the current version of the chassis, but it is not easy to do so

I am posting a photo to prove that it is possible :slight_smile:

6 Likes

My issue is the SKP solo is quite tall, even after redesigning a new top cover and routing the phase wires through that to reduce height, it needs 26mm height at minimum to fit lol. How much clearance would the MS enclosure have at the ends? And… is there any chance i can have a one off thats just overall deeper throughout the entire enclosure?

I really need every mm of clearance i can get, I’m trying to go for more than just 12S4P :innocent: Ideally 18S4P or such lol.

1 Like