IDEA - Deck with Brackets

First kit with RKP trucks for @lucid_layers

11 Likes

Why is one hanger shorter?

1 Like

i really like the astetics of this, however if i spend 1 more $ on esk8 i need every member in a days driving distance to punch me in the face twice. The amount im spending isnt ok, luckily im calling it therapy. Right now im driving 4 to work 8 hours,sanity is suffering. im 32 miles from home,i may start lane splitting on my sk8[

plus 55mph top speed has me quivering with anticipation. if i ever get my act together and for some reason need another sk8 ill try one of these

3 Likes

The narrower hanger is at the rear but has longer axles.
The hanger must be narrower to accommodate pulleys equipped with bearings.

I could use the same hanger at the front and back, but then the distance between the wheels at the back would be about 40mm wider (example size), width depends on the type of pulleys

7 Likes

Personally i’d like to see the hangers and axles both the same. That way if people want a narrower front, they can have it by just spacing the outside of the axle

2 Likes

It might be ready in 1 or 2 months time

3 Likes

I’m willing to put money down for it now if it’s any cheaper or faster :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Most available pulleys have a bearing that requires narrower hangers, so I designed 2 widths. Making 1 version is the easiest solution but I didn’t want to compromise.

In stock, I have sets with a narrower rear hanger and a wider front hanger, but there is an option to order 2 hangers of the same width.
In that case you have a choice of either 300 or 270mm :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I hope I can esk8 in the future. just to make one of these builds XD they are like no other : P

1 Like

Another kit with RKP trucks, this time I’m shipping to Malta :smiley:

7 Likes

Brackets for NKP trucks now also available in red and black :slight_smile:
Brackets also suitable for standard TKP, RKP and DKP trucks.

8 Likes

Prototype bracket with base plate for the stoogeraceboard axle.

19 Likes

Another unusual configuration with 35 degree brackets and Lacroix Hypertruck™ Lite trucks.

Board built by Powerskate Skate Électrique of France

13 Likes

Beautiful board built by @Milkman :heart_eyes:

15 Likes

8mm Yep no place in esk8, I agree.

2 Likes

Do you think this setup will have enough clearance for 7 inch tires?

Do you have this configuration in mind?

If so, here you have 6.5" wheels and high ground clearance. A double battery stack could also be used.

3 Likes

It’s not mine :slight_smile: I have never used an 8mm axle,

2 Likes

Yes i should have stated, definitely not yours! My point was replying to someone asking you to make 8mm fitting.

To be clear the Idea engineering is second to none! I recently got your brackets which was my second purchase and details such as no nuts attachments and one giant bolt to secure the clamp is next level. There is much more i can could say but in summary the experience is the best in the business.

4 Likes

No, I mean this prototype with your 3link baseplates

5 Likes