IDEA - Deck with Brackets

This looks really nice! Are these for sale? BW, what finish does the aluminum have?

Yes you can buy.
The price of 1 hanger is $100

I have in stock black but with a width of 260 and 220mm (that is, front and rear).
If you would like hangers for hub motors I can make a set, waiting time is 6-8 days.

The hangers in the picture are colorless anodized, but i only had 1 set in this color and i sold them today, of course i can anodize a new batch of hangers in the same color if you want, but the waiting time will be longer than a few days

1 Like

I haven’t described the construction of the board for a long time, and I’ve already built a few, so I’m catching up :smiley:

1 Like

One guy who bought my gear drive a long time ago asked me for clamping rings for my old gear drives so that I could install the drive in the new TKP hangers

It wasn’t easy but I did it :slight_smile:

In addition, I also designed clamping rings with 3 holes with the pattern of the holes of DKP trucks (Evolve and Chinese clones), so you can now also mount various Chinese gear drives that are designed for DKP trucks with flange.

The rings cut off at the edge are the clamps for my drives

7 Likes

Starting tomorrow, I’m lowering the deck price from $180 to $160. Price reduction while stocks last so quantity is limited :slight_smile:

BTW
A few years later than I should and I’m still not ready, but I’m working on creating an online store

You can’t order through the site yet because I haven’t set up payment, early on I have to complete shipping costs so lots of work ahead of me, so you can’t currently order, but you can use the site to browse the products on offer.

At the moment there are several products (I have over 20 + many variants on offer, so I still have a lot of work ahead of me), new ones are updated every day.
The site is under construction, if you notice any errors please let me know

Website address: efreedom.eu

12 Likes

Woo! Finally!!!

Its looking great so far :ok_hand:

I got some new mounts the other day, courtesy of @Razillian, can’t wait to do a drivetrain upgrade on my Frankendick build!

6 Likes

this is already 10/10

4 Likes

Conceptual heat sink integrated into the bracket, heat from the heat sink is transferred to the bracket
What’s in the pictures is a plastic prototype

An idea implemented a year ago in a slightly different way but tested and works.

Unfortunately I do not have a photo of the interior of the prototype but the ESC had a separate enclosure in which the lower part was made of alumunium and was integrated with the bracket

7 Likes

11 Likes

6 Likes

one type of bracket, two different trucks (RKP and DPKP).

4 Likes

12 months after the premiere of the prototype, I introduce our own DPKP trucks for sale.

It is known that this is not new, the precursor was Nosno (1992), later the idea was resuscitated by Etoxx, Apex, Trampa, Scythe and maybe a few others that I don’t know about :slight_smile:
I’ve never owned any PKP trucks so I can’t personally compare my trucks with other such trucks.

Ok… let me get to the specifics
The first version worked acceptably but had a tendency to wobble when unbalanced wheels were used.

The precision of the trucks was not good, it could be eliminated by using hard bushings, but with a hard bushings, the board was not very maneuverable and responded poorlyTo improve the precision of the trucks I added spherical bearings,

I did not know that Etoxx had done this before :confused: although not new, many trucks use spherical bearings to improve driving precision.

Now they work perfectly :grinning:
What sets my trucks apart is the multitude of configurations

You can change:

1. Wheelbase
  2. Clearance under the board
  3. The inclination angle of the hangers
  4. and of course bushings

Changing the wheelbase is accomplished by inverting the hanger

Reversing the hanger changes the clearance, so we add spacers to compensate for the difference

Is you want asymmetrical installation of hangers, then you add a spacer on one side

Of course, you can also install washers with a smaller wheelbase (then we install them in the front and rear hanger), then there is a larger clearance under the board

The angle change is in the range of 30-45 degrees

I tested various hardnesses of bushing, sometimes used mixed sets in one truck

Currently in the front truck I have bushing 80A, angle of 45 degrees
In the rear truck 90A, angle of inclination 35 degrees

I used classic 3/8 inch kingpins because I wanted to be able to use classic bushings.

Cross dimension of hangers is 20x20mm, chamfer 1mm
Width of the front hangers 300mm
Width of rear hangers 270mm
This is the width without axles
Axle length according to individual requirements
Choice of: 35, 45, 55, 65 mm

I use axles with a diameter of 10mm, because it is the most universal solution
I personally mount a wide variety of wheels, from urethane 110mm, AT, 165mm (with 22mm diameter bearing seats) with and also MBS fefgs with 28mm bearing seats)
When using 10mm axles, there are no restrictions on the choice of wheels.
Of course, I can use axles with a diameter of 12mm

Trucks fit my motor mounts. There are 3 lengths of motor plates to choose from
Available lengths (distance from motor axis to wheel axis)
M : 76-82mm
L : 92-98mm
XL: 113-120mm

If anyone would like to use a gear drive, then 3D Services and Newbee have (theoretically) drives that match the 20x20mm hanger, I wrote “theoretically” because I did not check it, but I can make clamping for Newble drives. I once made a set of clamps for Newble drives

I have been testing trucks complete with deck and brackets for a year, in the meantime I have received many questions about the possibility of mounting DPKP trucks in classic MTB decks such as Trampa, Haero, MBS, etc.
This is how the idea of making a version for mounting in classic MTB decks was born

The hangers are slightly wider and have the same width at the back and front.
Width is 320mm. That’s the width without the axles
Axles with a diameter of 10 and 12mm are available.
Axle length according to individual requirements
Choice of: 35, 45, 55, 65 mm

The spacing of the holes fixing the base plates is an “old school” pattern

Truck-new-old

Now the most important thing, i.e. the prices:

DPKP Trucks with brackets:
Trucks (1 front + 1 rear) + 2 brackets - $460
1 spacer + 2 kingpin - $15 (It is not required, it is an additional part)
Motor mounts - $80 (price only with trucks)
Deck - $160

DPKP Trucks with a classic base plates:
Trucks (1 front + 1 rear) - $320

When shipping to EU countries, prices are 23% higher

For those who don’t know, there are 2 types of enclosures available for the deck, both types are produced by eboosted

Here a comparison of the two versions.
The only differences are the width and the base plate. The other details are the same

BTW
The brackets fit both RKP and DPKP trucks, so they can be replaced in 2 minutes :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Looks great!

Is there a pack price for board+brackets+truck+mounts?
Also, when is the geardrive coming out? :innocent:

I’m also abit confused cause all the cool pictures has the cyclone hubs, but they come with 8mm axle bearings? :thinking:

3 Likes

Trucks (1 front + 1 rear) + 2 brackets - $460
Deck - $160
Total: $700 = 654 Euro

But in the EU I have to add 23% Vat, so the price will be 804 euros.

You can mount any wheels, even Urethane wheels as well as MTB hubs

Urethane or AT wheels (Evolve, Meepo, Exway, etc.) should be fitted with 61900 2RS bearings (measuring 22x10x6mm).
Moutainboard hubs such as MBS, etc. should be fitted with 16100 2RS bearings (measuring 28x10x8mm).

These bearings are generally available, if you order a kit I will add bearings for free, moreover all aluminum parts will be anodized black
If you’d like a silver kit (raw aluminum) let me know because I’m sending the parts for anodizing today

3 Likes

Not only does it look great, it also works great.
Spherical bearings stabilize the trucks, so you can install soft bushings and the board responds very quickly

I just gotta find those 804 euros…I saw them here somewhere…

1 Like

maybe they’re in the bank :wink:

preeetty sure its hiding in my other boards :melting_face:

2 Likes

Unfortunately this video is not very spectacular, I wanted to film the ride from above, but in the place where I was riding the board you could not fly a drone because there is an airport nearby

2 Likes

What is the point of spherical bearings? Doesn’t that make it behave the same as a channel truck since you give up the vertical shock absorption?

1 Like