IDEA - Deck with Brackets

No problem.

I have designed 2 kinds of hangers for baseplate SR TKP, I still have the last 2 sets in stock

1 set is hangers and brackets for Hub type motors with a quadrant axle, such as Meepo, Wowgo etc.

Hangers and brackets are anodized clear, champagne color :slight_smile:

The second type are hangers for classic motors with motor mounts.

Hangers and brackets are black anodized, motor mounts are black

So if you want you can build such a board :slight_smile:

Photos of the set before black anodizing

6 Likes

Whats the largest drop bracket you have right now? Looking for something with quite a bit of drop for a new build plan haha.

1 Like

The deepest and longest I have made looks like this

Comparison with standard brackets

2 Likes

Oooh! What do you think would put me lower – drop through on those deep brackets you just showed, or adjustable baseplates in drop through with the 35 degree brackets for mountainboard trucks?

I don’t know what trucks you would like to mount on deep brackets and what size wheels you would like to use

Extremely deep brackets are not sold as standard because they are very long and the deck will be too soft (high leverage).

I recommend the use of long brackets only in case of additional stiffening of the deck, unless you want to mount the brackets on another deck.

I’m using Luna RKP trucks with 8" wheels

Since I mount the battery on top of the deck, I want to be as low as possible to the ground :laughing:

Currently working on mounting my ESC below the deck, but wondering if maybe I should just get the 35 degree brackets and mount it on the tail. Currently I can’t do that because the motors would hit the ESC case.

4 Likes

It seems to me that your deck has a flex 2, it’s too soft for this configuration.
I mean long brackets and a heavy case in the middle

35 degree brackets + angle adjustable baseplate have a shorter wheelbase.
It’s a better variant

Would you like to mount luna hangers in the 35 degree brackets + baseplate?

If so, in theory it should fit if LUNAs are Caliber II standard… But that’s just an unproven theory

There is also a 3rd variant, type 4 brackets. I think this is the most sensible option

These are slightly longer than yours, are adjustable in length and are 10mm deeper

Here’s a comparison with your brackets

I have red and raw aluminum brackets in stock, black should also be available in 2 weeks

2 Likes

Thanks for explaining me my options! I’ll finish the board, and then figure out if I want to just go 1cm deeper to still use my footstop, or even further with the 35 degree brackets :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Would those type 4 brackets be usable with the deck i currently have, and be compatible with SRB 3 links if i wanted to try those? The other really long ones seem like theyd actually be overkill haha.

Type 4 brackets I designed for NKP SRB 3 links trucks so I confirm that they fit

297779010_1183070772260839_7502909749858286558_n

4 Likes

Gotcha. How much for these brackets? Also, roughly how much clearance would i have with those brackets, SRB 3 links, and the eboosted enclosure?

Last question - I have the eboosted enclosure on the way and Flex 2 deck, should i be concerned about it being too flexy for the enclosure?

I don’t know, you have to ask Alan @eboosted if the enclosures can be bent, I don’t know the technology of making its enclosures.

I didn’t do the tests.

You are light, so theoretically there should be no problems, but if someone heavier is riding on your board, I don’t know how the enclosures + deck will bend.

Certainly, the enclosure will stiffen the deck a bit, because it has a single-chamber construction

1 Like

I can’t speak for the idea enclosure, but I used to have an evolve GTX bamboo with eboosted single-chamber enclosure. It stiffened up the deck quite a bit. I’m 200lb and I had no issues with the enclosure cracking or any sort of damage.

1 Like

The enclosure can be flexed without issues, it can be flexed as much as you could flex the deck without breaking it

2 Likes

Oh, gotcha. Wouldnt this have issues with the battery inside though?

1 Like

Not if your battery is flexible as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

If i can cram a flexible 16S3P and some skp solo esc’s into that enclosure then that would be perfect lol

16S3P 21700 or 16S3P 18650?

16S3P 21700 (P42A). It should be doable, same cell count as 12S4P, just needs 6 rows of 8.

Yeah but I’m not sure you’ll have enough space for the Solo ESC. It’s 85mm in length, which leaves you with 445mm for the battery before the brackets. Theoretically that’s enough space for 6 rows of 21700 cells, but it’s cutting it so close that you won’t have room to plug in the other wires into the ESC.

I’d recommend some Maker Go-foc 75V ECSs, which are thin enough to mount above (well, below, when the board is upright) the brackets. Or a Stormcore 100D will have space. In any case, you’ll have to mount the BMS on top of the brackets for that battery to fit.

I’m building a 12s4p battery for this enclosure soon, I’ll be sure to post pics of the internal layout. Personally I would highly recommend just building a 12s5p (or similar size) battery in the enclosure alone, and top-mounting the ESCs with this deck. The brackets make utilizing the enclosure space quite tricky.

1 Like