I will never get on a skateboard without helmet

So I just changed remote curve and wanted to try if it works. I was considering not wearing a helmet because I was just going to try a 5mph test drive in my driveway. Well I put on my helmet anyway because I don’t want my glasses to fall off which later I realized it was the best life decision I ever made. I didn’t even get out of my garage when the board threw me off.

This could be a hole on my head.

30 Likes

So true. I’m still “recovering” from a fall I had when I accidentally did that and the board just shot forward from almost standstill :smiley:

1 Like

7 Likes

Really glad you’re ok man! Great thinking, definitely a brain worth protecting.

2 Likes

I take it one step further and dont get on my board without putting a condom on first either.

Helmet both your heads guys, you never know what’s going to happen out there.

25 Likes

I used to regularly pass 20 on a crappy converted nickel board for about 7 miles a day and after a single bad fall I can’t go anywhere at any speed without a helmet…one experience will do that for you

3 Likes

I would never go out without my crash pants. And of course not without helmet.

Sometimes people bust my balls for wearing my TSG Pass all the time on my board. My response is, when I fall, not if I fall… I plan to get back up. As for letting people ride my board I only let people who actually ride try it and with a helmet. I think to this day I’ve only let 2 people ride my Evo and each wore a TSG pass.

4 Likes

My brother in-law gives me crap every time we go riding. I don’t really care though cause I see posts like this or posts where someone hit a curb. All I think is, I’ll walk away sore, but I’ll be walking!

1 Like

Saw a pic on r/longboarding the other day of a guy who split his head on a short cruise. Gross and not something good. At least it’s a good example of what not to do. I’m sure you can find it if you look. I don’t want to see it again.

2 Likes

Helmets good.

21 Likes

Before I always thought nothing bad could happen with a 5 mph all flat super short trip.

The way I figure it, everything I’m riding I built myself, and it’s always changing, so I’m basically my own test pilot every time I go ride. And even if I’m riding a production board, then I’m just a test pilot for some faceless company that won’t give a shit when I die. Plus I have kids that I need to stick around for, and set an example for. And Esk8 is waaaaay too much fun to let getting hurt or paralyzed get in the way.

9 Likes

The understatement of the thread :arrow_up:

And of course, I love helmets

11 Likes

Hey! We sorta match

5 Likes

After seeing this video I instantly ordered helmet. Riding without helmet might be more convenient, but not worth it in long run.

5 Likes

To be fair, the fact that he somehow managed to avoid hitting the asphalt is impressive

And he had a helmet. Good parents lol

3 Likes

Holy shit. You win.

3 Likes

He really does

8 Likes

Jeebus.

Epic. I wish I could see my fall. I bit it looked hilarious.

4 Likes