I will never get on a skateboard without helmet

Some people just don’t want to wear a helmet and that’s their choice at the end of the day but if they wont wear a helmet I always show them this video because if you’re not gonna wear a helmet you at least should know the potential consequences.

Cant speak for others but riding without a helmet would just be selfish. I have a son to take care of, I dont need a brain injury that requires me to have help to use the restroom. If I die no biggie but what about the trauma I leave my loved ones (not to mention financial burden). My family doesn’t blink twice about me riding so I do whatever it takes to make sure I come home to them safely. Besides, I LOVE BEING ALIVE!!! I love my wife, my son and being able to wipe my own ass.

7 Likes

My roommate doesn’t ride a helmet, what should I do? He rides very conservatively but it’s still a beastly board he might ride every day

If it was my friend, I would shame, annoy and bother him every second he even thinks about riding without a helmet… eventually he would wear one just to hear me shut up lol

3 Likes

Tell him he can’t pay rent if hese dead and you would like to keep living where you are.

2 Likes

I’ve always thought of this video as: “Session Error: The Rise & Risk of Not Wearing a Helmet!”

Prime example right there.

2 Likes

Such a cool guy: “I love helmets! I love helmets!”

3 Likes

Hey wheres your helmet, get a helmet, still havent gotten a helmet?!? After every good morning, talk to you later ps wear a helmet…

While riding just say dammn imagine if you fell without a helmet!?!?

When your in a crowd, just ask a stranger if he can believe that your friend rides without a helmet?

3 Likes

Lol, he pays more rent than I do so I fucking hope he keeps pays the rent :grin:

Also he’s literally one of my best friends and I don’t know what I’d do if he got hurt after I encouraged him to be in the hobby…that too

To be honest, people won’t change until they hurt themselves or realize they would be very hurt in certain circumstances .

3 Likes

To be honest, I rode my little commuter the other day and didn’t bother with a helmet because it doesn’t get faster than 20mph-ish.

Then I turned around and grabbed it because NOPE

3 Likes

Tell your roommate I don’t build batteries for NONE helmet wearers, yes its me…

do yu guys wear helmets while you’re building batteries?

1 Like

THIS is why I always wear a helmet…
(Godam parking meters)

6 Likes

Is that an Evolve remote?

Only when Im drunk…

After Derek had his accident in 2017 and passed away I swore to never ride with out a helmet and it saved my life. Flash forward a year to November 2018 and I was riding my most powerful board my 4wd 6374 12s8p evo and under full throttle un a tuck position my front left wheel locked up and I slammed into the ground head first.

19 Likes

1 Like

When I started with a Meepo I didn’t trust a random China PCB to work 100% of the time so I wore a goddamn helmet. Also, I once curbed it coming out of my parking deck going 3 mph and head went to the road so fast.

I will admit I didn’t wear it one time after a workout so I put it on slow mode and cruised the campus sidewalks :shushing_face:

I love how everyone here is like “Yeah, I wear a helmet even when it’s not convenient - I’m not a fucking idiot.” While on Reddit, someone brings up wearing a helmet (and a shit you not) they said (paraphrasing) “hur-dur the helmet nazis are back. stahp trying to police me.” :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

I ride barefoot alot, but I also ride locally without a helmet. I limit to 30a when I do, as I don’t want the feeling of going faster than I could as boarding normally downhill and etc. Call it dumb if you want, but I wear my motorcycle helmet when I crank it up to 80a and wanna fly.