I rode a Kaly and fell in love

If you can get me a center to center distance on the e-toxx wheels I’ll see if I can make an adaptor. I’ve made one that allows you to use VEX pulleys on Trampa wheels.

1 Like

Need some measurements?:wink:

1 Like

Yes please!!! That would solve most of my issues in this endeavor @NoWind any chance you could give @mmaner the center to center dimension of your new rims?

2 Likes

Because I’m bored, here’s an 7000 angular contact I had on hand. Note that there outer race is identical to standard but the inside only has a groove on one side and held together by a tiny snap wire. Pushing this bearing in reverse will destroy it in minutes, the lack of bearing cage also means high speed will chip those ball bearings in no time. Some angulars have cages for speed, but in order to properly use these, you need 2 bearings side by side facing each other with the load in between, and a significant amount of compression pushing them together as well

7 Likes

Hi guys
On the matter of bearings, I use thrust bearing that are hybrid of angular contact bearing and deep groove bearings.

Here is a diagram.
The assembly can be explained as 2 angular contact bearings running side by side but in opposite directions, the geometry allows for this set up to attain high rpm while being structural stable and handling the thrust forces with ease.

The track geometry marked by the arrow is what allows the acting force to be tackle by breaking into component of the force vector X&Y at the point of contact.

I opted to go this route after having issues with deep groove bearing damaging and literally breaking apart while riding.

Is not a traditional skateboarding bearing but the benefits out weight troubles of implementation.

On my personal set up have the gear drive assembly ( POM gears, Steel gear & bearing ) running for 15,000 miles, only the motors I’ve change 2 times because the first motor set was not properly battle hardened.

15 Likes

Nice @Kaly… your ears must have been burning and summoned you here!

and… you should fix the pix on the angular contact bearing page on your site!..

I had a great ride at the beach yesterday… thanks for making such an awesome board!

8 Likes

Thanks! Not meant as a knock on your choice of bearings, I wanted to hear more on a topic that google wasn’t very good at explaining.

2 Likes

That’s a really good choice there, perfect bearing for the job. If only it fits on more things… A+ on those helicals though. They’re purty.

2 Likes

@mmaner here are the dimensions of the new etoxx wheels.
2 mounting circles 5mm Holes.
40mm and 50mm pitchcircle.
5x72degrees

3 Likes

I just need the distance from the center of one hole to the center of the hole directly across from it, once I have that the rest is easy.

3 Likes

It’s easy to calculate. :slight_smile:

I’d rather not calculate it, I’d rather there be a ruler put to the task. That way I’m sure.

1 Like

Gimme a sec.

@Kaly do you have any size references to go with the illustrations you posted above on the sizes of your dual row angular contract bearings? I was trying to seek out some high quality replacements

1 Like