I rode a Kaly and fell in love

Unless it was @moon who said it, I would wait for him to chime in on it. I was running them with six shooters and I know most people have been either using berg’s with street setups for the rockstars/superstars.

I’d ask him directly to see what wheels it will work for. Any particular reason you are going with the e-toxx wheels besides what they look like?

2 Likes

Mhm mmm yea

2 Likes

These are offsethubs as you know.

4 Likes

Yea, which is why i was wondering if that was the reason he was going with them or not.

3 Likes

I’m a big fan of the offset of these wheels. I also really like the look. @Itsmedant it was moon who said they will not work with etoxx wheels. @Mainflow I’ll pm you to get your exact setup. Thank you

2 Likes

Just dropping it here. Accidental burnouts happened here

2 Likes

I guess what u r saying is can you d.i.y. A kaly and keep it cheap
Good question
Answer - I don’t know

Angular bearings - they fit in Kaly wheels (and nothing else) and on Kaly trucks (and nothing else) (someone correct me if I am wrong)

MBS trucks , if you use them then you won’t be replicating a Kaly (but they are awesome trucks)

Gear drive
Helical is gonna be expensive whoever you buy it off

4 Likes

@Tom, that’s what im trying to do. I really liked the way the kaly deck rode. I liked the width of the trucks and the stability. Care to share the differences between the mbs truck and kaly, ride wise?

Kaly’s are spring trucks and mbs with shockblocks out of pu

My personal opinion when I rode the original lacroix (MBS trucks) vs Kaly was that the MBS gave a more snowboard feel and the Kaly gave a more mountainboard feel … that’s my best explanation , I like both for different reasons ,

1 Like

I got quoted €300 by @NoWind.

1 Like

Whoops was the beta batch.

2 Likes

Kaly trucks are precision, leaps and bounds higher quality than MBS M2s. MBS M2s are great trucks, don’t get me wrong, just not the same quality of manufacturing as Kalys.

If you wanna get by without spending a fortune I’d suggest a Kaly deck with Trampa Infinity trucks running @moon AT Gear Drive.

5 Likes

I have seen this exact image when I asked google the same question, but in practice, do they feel different? Last longer? Less slop?

I understand they are better in engineering properties, does it translate into something I can feel ?

(If the answer is similar to why I use 8awg instead of 12awg for mains, got it, I’ll sit down And be quiet now)

1 Like

Thank you @mmaner, it seems like this is the right direction for me. Now I just need to figure out a way to attach the new etoxx hubs to a moon drive…

1 Like

No, I’ve worked with applications for angular contact before, it only applies to EXTREME side load, for example the steerer tube bearing on motorcycle/bikes etc. Where the axial load can exceed radial load. For motors, even helicals, angular contact is too… angular. At least the cartridge type bearings on the market. For proper application, helical gears should be using needle conical bearings, but those don’t exist really in the sizes we need, so deep groove ball bearing will do the job just as well. Deep groove axial ratings exceed anything a helical gear will ever put out. the gear will shear before it pushes apart a bearing.

3 Likes

I have a spare set of summate/Trampa clone wheels I can loan you until you figure it out.

1 Like

Thanks man, once I get everything else ordered and arriving I might hit you up.

1 Like

Cool, no worries.

1 Like

When talking to @NoWind about his hubs, be aware that the cheaper V1’s have a slight vibration when turning, the V2’s are reportedly perfect though.

2 Likes