I owe you all an apology

Did he sell that $3k board? That should help?

3 Likes

Well, I already put my own money in there trying to help him to get money back to everyone… There is no turning back lol, but yeah, if he can’t fulfill the statement I made, I will refund whoever placed order for enclosure.

5 Likes

No, no one bought it yet.

3 Likes

I agree, delivering pizzas a few nights a week (usually comes out to ~$20 an hour) might pay back people faster than selling enclosures. I worry the enclosures will just enable a bigger hole to be dug.

5 Likes

Here’s another thing to say, and it’s a little shitty: You are here doing your best to solve Dave’s situation, but where the fuck is he? I can assure you I wouldn’t leave one of my friends in this position. Him hiding behind you sends the worst possible message at the worst possible time.

21 Likes

Ding ding.

His lack of engagement here speaks volumes.

13 Likes

I will get him on here tonight… He went to get materials for enclosure today I think…

@DerelictRobot @Brenternet @BillGordon

9 Likes

Still waiting for my reply about buying up that spot welder :joy:. Anyone get replied to when showing interest in the OP items for sale?..

4 Likes

Oh really?? I will ask him about it

1 Like

My interest is minimal tbh. I’ll mute this thread.

Hope everyone gets their refund where possible :call_me_hand:

8 Likes

I’ve tried to buy stuff as well to no avail. Seems like a lost cause

3 Likes

Not surprised, selling $3000 boards is hard.

Been trying to sell these two for two weeks now.

13 Likes

Shameless plug Damon :joy::joy::joy:

12 Likes

somebody has to fill in the belt drive shaped hole Dave left. lol

21 Likes

You are super awesome.

The core problem is, he spent all the money from the outstanding orders, and doesn’t have money to fulfill them?

You’re doing 2 things, which may or may not be separate?

1. set up a side channel to sell enclosures (new orders) with promise to deliver within set time period

2. infuse cash so he can buy materials to make enclosures. Is this to enable #1, or to fill old orders, or both?

If I understand the situation correctly, the only way to return everyone’s money is to get more money, and it’s not likely happening through his existing business. So a loan (how big), or pre-order batches of something (but this feels like you’re boning the people waiting for their stuff) or a different source of income. Nothing easy unfortunately…

Does it seem he has enough order volume to get back into the black if nothing else goes wrong?

2 Likes

Anything but this.

16 Likes

Spam Facebook groups and reddit

11 Likes

You wrote a lot, @370HSSV is making and selling enclosures with his own money to help his friend Dave. The cash is already there and the enclosures will be delivered when he promises they are. Super simple

8 Likes

Yeah man, genuinely surprised those two boards aren’t gone.

Damon you should change your name to Longhairedgrandad so that your business model is more believable.

9 Likes

Fr tho I like Damon’s boards but his internet posts need to be upped in the Facebook groups and reddit. I literally never see him on anything. This is totally not his market.

11 Likes