I need help please

My deck is not so flexible, but it is not totally rigid. Also the enclosure I plan on making is going to out of wood so it will add to rigidity. I plan on making the battery flexible. My plan was to mount the batteries with double sided foam tape. I don’t really have a way to monitor my battery other then my remote (flipsky v2 pro)

thanks for the advise.
What about putting some liquid weld (jb weld) on to strengthen connections?

Your spot welds should never be under enough stress to require that kind of mechanical reinforcement.

Spot welds are an electrical connection only. You need to design your battery pack with this in mind, so that no stress gets transfered to the welds that could cause them to come loose.

8 Likes

Does anyone know where to get the shrink wrap for the battery pack?

Also I am thinking about putting foam pads on the battery in between the series wires down the length of the battery before the shrink wrap so I can a flat surface to mount to the board. Has anyone done this and also which foam should I get?

what is the final call for the battery layout is it good, does anyone have any suggestions?

I meant more as a precautionary measure rather then for a main support.
Honestly thank you and everyone for your support, it really means a lot that your taking you time to help me, its been kinda stressful this whole processes.

2 Likes

EVA foam is the usual go-to, it’s high density and pretty sturdy

1 Like

I get most of my shrink from the k weld guy… it’s the highest quality I have found so far but it’s also a bit more expensive then most.

1 Like

Amazon has some too, I have had good luck with some clear stuff

1 Like

I also like the clear polyolefin stuff

2 Likes

So if i want to do that should I peal off the nickel that I already put on the four p pack that I already started on. Also just to double check if i do this I don’t need a strip of nickel that runs across all 4 battery to act as a connection for the p group because the 10awg will act as that.

Correct.

I wouldn’t cos i’m lazy. Just make sure your welds are solid for the bits you put on top

its not going to be an issue that some pp groups will have more nickel then others?

Nope

Any suggestions for the lay out?

2 Likes

Turn the cells all 90 degrees

2 Likes

That would make it easier, but hard to tell if he has space for it

1 Like

:smirk::smirk:

3 Likes

do these help?

Also I plan on making my enclosure basically a frame with a lid the wall might be a little thick

2 Likes

An inch of material on the side can still be plenty to support the weight of the pack, I would personally take the task of squeezing that into the available space over the risk of breaking the welds

2 Likes