I need help please

Set it to “Current Hyst Reverse” to get the best of all worlds, double tab brake to reverse.

2 Likes

Thanks I’ll do that.

When I brake to hard my board makes a noice that kinda sound like the belt is skipping, but I dont think it is the belt.

Kinda a tough ask, I assume it doesn’t happen unloaded, but, video/audio?

When I finish the board I’ll try to get one.

It is likely to be the belt skipping. Is it perfectly aligned?

I get the same thing and I’m on gear drive. I think it’s just gravity+momentum overcoming the magnetism in the motors.

On my old board, when the motor was going bad it would get worse, so I think your right.

1 Like

This shouldnt happen. Something is aloof

2 Likes

My brakes feel like they “skip” a bit. Happens on thane and pneumies but on larger diameter wheels the “skips” seem… “bigger” I guess. I do maintenance on my gear drives like 4x per year so that might have something to do with it. Running straight cut steel gears.

I am almost done with my esk8 all I am waiting on a xt90 so I can finish my loopkey, and I’ll be able to close up my board. Thank you everyone for all the help along the way.

2 Likes

Hopefully thats a xt90S for the loop key.

1 Like

I have an xt90s for the loopkey, I need another xt90 to connect the loopkey to the battery/vesc.

1 Like

My old board did that, but I chalked it up to they were actually skipping on the pavement like a rock on water. Urethane wheels from that setup have hella flat spots to prove it.
I also theorize that it doesn’t happen on anything else I ride as I run .2+/3.5- second ramping time, so my brake throttle curve is smoother than when I used to run .1/.1

2 Likes

Post a recording of the noise this makes.

1 Like

Oh yeah I run 0.1

Not really possible, it only happens when braking quickly from high speed, I’m not going to stare at my phone while doing that. I choose life.

Yeah, probably just skidding than. Your brakes are actually too good, and instead of smooth decel your wheels stop, but you still have the inertia. Be careful, that’s how I had 2 of my falls.

2 Likes

I would turn down the high speed braking intensity (raise Battery Regen Current slightly closer to zero)

1 Like

Now that you mentioned that, I did have a worn out patch on my drive wheel.

My only question is on my old board when the motor to die it made that noice when I would try to accelerate hard and brake.