2 Likes

Turn the cells all 90 degrees

2 Likes

That would make it easier, but hard to tell if he has space for it

1 Like

:smirk::smirk:

3 Likes

do these help?

Also I plan on making my enclosure basically a frame with a lid the wall might be a little thick

2 Likes

An inch of material on the side can still be plenty to support the weight of the pack, I would personally take the task of squeezing that into the available space over the risk of breaking the welds

2 Likes

I had this radical idea to make enclosure out of aluminum u -channels and basically slide the battery inside and put a plate on top
. _____
. [0000]
^This is a cross sectional veiw
the only thing is I feel it would not have any flex

2 Likes

It wouldn’t have any flex but it sounds like it would be wildly strong. I think the issue is when something inflexible, but not that strong, is forced to flex and it just dies. Feel free to correct me but it seems like you’re just sacrificing weight and flex for ease of construction and strength

I’d also use something like a printed TPU bracket to hold the pack to the board, and work out a way to brace the “lid”

Any aluminum u channel should be able to handle the forces that deck puts on it I think, I would be more worried about what happens at each edge of the channel where the wooden deck suddenly goes from having a lot of support to having no support. I think a few decks have snapped the nose or tail that way.
Edit: maybe it would reduce the stress concentration to not have mounting bolts near the ends of the channels, or to put a layer of sift rubber between them and the deck

2 Likes

Your not wrong. it would also make it slimmer. additionally

additionally if I make my battery like this ^ the "lid I plan on using will be to narrow, so the lip that will over hang the battery will make up for width.

My other idea is to buy ABS rods .5 x 1.5 x 36inches and make the frame out of that or maybe some 2x1wood (1.5x.75 actual size)

what do you think of this (DYNAFORM U Channel, ISOFR, 9/16 Leg, 1/8 In Th, 10 Ft - 4ATN1|870790 - Grainger) instead of the aluminum?

The 2inch width seems a bit overkill but its a decent material. Half as stiff as aluminum, nonconductive (good around batteries), but can’t really hold threads reliably (you would need to incorporate nuts if you’re gonna attach them with screws)

2 inches was the smallest size. but now I’m thinking maybe I should double stack my batterers

So, the new 6 series flips are fakes? They are really 4 series?

I chose the 6 BIG flipsky as I didnt even trust the 6 plus.

Anecdotally, my huge vesc has served admirably.

Yes, I would do that except consider putting 6 up front and 4 in the back, depending.

What enclosure do you have?

1 Like

oops, my bad.

which one would you suggest?

I recommend to

A) Use a deck that has an enclosure commercially available

or

B) make a fiberglass one

I wouldn’t try anything else, but your results may vary.

1 Like

its too late for that

Maybe one day when I have the time. probably not in the next few months, probably at least 6 months.