I need help please

You might end up having overheating issues with the fsesc mini. I tried running a single motor setup like this and it overheated in like 5 mins. I ended up going to the fsesc 6.6 single.

1 Like

I agree, but if you keep battery current at 25A or less you will have much better results. 20A even better.

Motor current should still be high.

do you think with a large external heat sink, I might be able to go a little higher.

Also should I go with 2 lines of 12awg or 3 lines of 14awg for my series connections?

ABSOLUTELY

There will be a limit though, depending on how well the heat is being conducted away from the FETs but yes, that will absolutely help.

I don’t know enough about your build to offer a recommendation, but I can tell you I always target the green or between the green and yellow when I build.

Two 12AWG is good for 85A continuous and 175A peak

Three 14AWG is good for 100A continuous and 200A peak

The 14AWG is also easier to work with and takes up less space.

this is what I plan on using Amazon.com and this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089QHCR4J/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=A3NG8YG8JA3ZUJ&psc=1

1 Like

they are all out of stock and they are out of my price range. thank you though.

1 Like

2 metes 30 x .15 nickel $10
2 meters each of 14 awg wire red and black $2
2 meters of each 12awg, and 18awg $???
1 holder and 2 fuses $6
Daly bms $20
this is a list of things that I am buying for my battery any comments or suggestions?

Neutral cure silicone
Fishpaper rings
Fishpaper
Kapton tape (maybe)
Filament tape
Heatshrink
Solder?
Wire for balance harness extension (is bms harness ain’t long enough?)

2 Likes

I have all those except Filament tape. how important is it?

1 Like

60/40 solder

absolutely none of that lead-free garbage

I am using lead free is that bad?

Depends how u build your pack.
It’s strong, so useful for taping up p groups nice and snug once siliconed together and wrapped in fishpaper.

1 Like

It’s not good

Yeah it’s going to make this a heck of a lot more difficult, and you don’t want to get anything hotter than you need to get it, or for longer than it needs to be hot for, and using lead-free solder is a good way to do exactly those two things. All while producing an inferior result.

any suggestions

I already connected my xt90 to my vesc with lead free solder, it should be fine right?

Post high-res photo