I need good motor pulleys!

My t says it’s straight…

Belt doesn’t move inwards when rolled backwards

@Boardnamics the pulleys look like my peepee — a rough black finish with 14 teeth and solid as can be.

2 Likes

looks-straight-to-me

1 Like

Mine came of too on the 16t but it was also my fault :joy::joy:

Thanks that was super helpful. Why aren’t the belts moving the opposite way when I spin the wheel backwards?

If I had 2 arms I’d take a picture of the T on the mounts so maybe I’d get a bit of help instead of this shit.

@Boardnamics pulleys stomp the Tb ones. I can’t believe everyone is blaming themselves for those POS rings coming off. they serve a purpose, they aren’t just aesthetic.

1 Like

Read my title, I’m just messing with ya dude

I ran this pulley for over a year. Belt never came off once.

2 Likes

I would get that looked at by a trained professional.

3 Likes

Turns out when you do things the right way things turn out right.

1 Like

Very true. Like, if the initial motor mounts held up, I would never have had to buy these or deal with any of this. Losing my right arm has significantly decreased my ability to do things with my hands, that’s why I bought this as a complete. But 200 bucks later here I am.

I’m running pulleys without a retainer right now, successfully.
I’m also betting the wheel pulleys you used weren’t too wide for 15 mm belts. I believe these versapulleys are 17mm or so.

Please tell me why using a retaining ring to hold a belt in place is an issue??? As long as there isn’t a ton of cross pressure and it’s just a guide, I think all is ok.

I’m just sick of this thing. I just want it to fucking work. Maybe shit is all out of whack. I might need to pull the motors to measure better. Thank God someone stole my caliper 3-4 weeks ago.

When I look at the pressfits, both mounts seem to be going outwards. If anything that would mean that I’d need to shorten the xbars- but if they were bent that way I’d expect the belt to pull inwards.

I don’t know.

It’s counter intuitive, but belts track to the tight side of the system.

3 Likes

There isn’t really. Unless it’s super off it could wear out belts faster or put pressure on motor shaft further out than desired.

Looks bent to the left to me

You don’t really want a ton of “cross pressure” I’m guessing you mean tension?.. that why people use idlers… you want you belt to grab the teeth but not be too tight as it just adds more resistance.