I need good motor pulleys!

Alright guys, I need motor pulleys. The torque board ones retaining rings are crap. I need a 14t 15mm wide 5mHTD pitch with a 9mm bore and a 3mm keyway. Basically a standard 14t 15mm wide pulley. Any recommendations? 3 extra points if it’s on amazon prime. I also have kinda short motor shafts for how far out my wheels run- currently using this

Without the thing retaining ring. 12t just isn’t working lol

9mm bore? That’s going to be a hard find. Most motors are either 8mm or 10mm.

1 Like

I’m assuming that’s a typo. Mine satisfy your requirements and will be available any day now :smiley:

2 Likes

Any day?! When’s that?!?!?

And yes 8mm lol

This week hopefully. It’s kind of a mystery to me too :cold_sweat:

1 Like

Still don’t see em dog.

Can someone help me out here? I’d kinda like aluminum because it’s cheap and the retaining rings on em I’ve seen were a part of the pulley…

I need pulleys. @torqueboards pulleys broke while tensioning the belt. The ring pop off like a twist top soda bottle. Tried to fucking return them and some wrong size belts, but no one ever replied to my email. I can be a piece of shit too, I’ll just cancel the charges on my card.

Come on. What fucking pulleys do y’all use?

It’s getting cold, I was waiting for @Boardnamics but “Coming this week was 9 days ago. Didn’t come that week or this week. Dumb

Best ones are what @Janux-esk8 sold. They’re steel and have 4mm set screws. So the hex key is larger.
He still has some on his site

@the_breadsticks Don’t think we’ve seen your email? What’s your email?

I’ve had the same pair of torque pulleys for a while, and I go hard on them! Only problem I’ve had with TB is the 14T pulley where the ring came off, but that was my fault. Realized the belt was pushing against the ring and was not aligned with the wheel pulley. Otherwise, they’re my favorite pulleys :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

I got some if you PM me.
M5 set screws and steel material with keyway included

2 Likes

Read the 2nd sentence. I need retaining rings that can retain. Torque board ones pop off with about 20% the pressure it takes to open a glass bottle top. The first one popped off when tensioning the belt and the 2nd one popped off when I pushed on it with my thumb to see if it was as shitty as the first one. The 3rd and 4th popped off when I pushed them with my thumb because they were going to do it anyway.

The rings are held on by press fit circles that are cut to about the same tolerances as I cut my steak.

Take them and have the ring welded on. It sounds like you don’t have your pulleys aligned properly if you are breaking the rings off.

2 Likes

Actually, my pulley alignment is dead on. I’m currently running 20mm pulleys so the belt is sitting right where it wants, same place new pulleys will be installed.

I don’t care what anyone says, I shouldn’t be able to pop a retaining ring off with my thumb. This is a problem I’ve never experienced except with torqueboard pulleys. My last pulleys retainers had hundreds of pounds of force on em without breaking.

Tb pulleys are junk.

I’d love to do a review of @Boardnamics new pulleys but I paid Monday and tracking says they haven’t moved yet

Hi, we’re steel or aluminum pulley, rubber belt manufacturer and supplier from Chengdu, China. The below is our price for steel HTD5M pulleys for your reference:

Here I attached some motor pulleys and belts we supplied to our customers with our price.

• Steel motor pulley

HTD5M 15T MOQ: 50-100 pcs Unit Price: 1.6-2.5 USD/PCS

HTD5M 16T MOQ: 50-100 pcs Unit Price: 1.7-2.6 USD/PCS

HTD5M 17T MOQ: 50-100 pcs Unit Price: 1.89-2.69 USD/PCS

• Rubber Belt

HTD5M-255 320 400 Width:15mm MOQ: 50-100 pcs Unit Price: 1.0-1.5 USD/pcs

The above price is without shiping fee. The price may vary due to the quantity. If you’re interest in us, pls let me know.

P.S.: I’m new here, and still don’t know how to creat a new topic. :joy:

— Angela

Besides, we can manufacture pulleys according to your parameters. And we don’t have stock now. For 100 pcs, we need 20-30 days to manufacture. This is for your reference, too. Thank you.

That seems unnecessary.
I’ve ran pulleys without rings on my motor. Ture belt/mount alignment is key.
Not trying to question your building abilities, I’m the last to talk lol.
But, hundreds of pounds seems like an issue.
I agree they shouldn’t pop off with your hand.
I have a 3 year old set of tb pulleys that have been on multiple board’s and I’ve beaten the fuck out of them removing and installing over and over.
My guess is bad batch.

1 Like

The hundreds of pounds was when the grub screws got stripped and I had to use a bearing puller to remove them.

You should thread in a longer bolt and use the puller on the bolt. That’s why you damaged the rings.

The puller never touched the torqueboard pulleys. I “damaged” them with my fucking thumb.

The puller was used to remove the original pulleys with stripped set screws.

I personally agree with you, anything that TB doesn’t make in-state (everything sans tb110) is just cheap rebranded aliexpress shit. He lost my support after the all terrain wheels problems and lack of giving a shit in general.