I made a bet, and need your help to win it. MB build

So much to consider here :joy:

I am 79kg - it’s 174 pounds if I did Google math correctly :joy:

4 Likes

So far the concept of 4wd 9" geared 5:1 is the one I am leaning to…

2 Likes

Do it! I’m really considering going 4wd and want to see how you like it.

1 Like

@moon any eta for your gear drive restock?

For the check you wrote with your mouth, you’ll need probably $4k in the bank to cash that check :rofl:

4 Likes

Early April. But I do have a few sets saved

2 Likes

Congratulations on @EreTroN for being the responsible one. :+1:

:100: :partying_face:

3 Likes

Yea, one of the first things you learn in this hobby, it is anything but cheap…

Do you have 2 sets, matrix II mounts, 44/9?

What is general opinion on trampa vertigo trucks and spur drive?

I’ve never used anything from trampa, are those motors any good?

@Lee_Wright if i recall good i would need to drill the haero bro deck in order to be able to adjust the dampers?

1 Like

They have some holes drilled, by memory the outer position is drilled so you just need to drill for the inner. Tbh, much better choices of trucks than trampa these days, any of the precision ones will be much nicer.

1 Like

Any eta on the @ApexBoards @Lee_Wright trucks release date?

1 Like

No matrix mounts.

9T pinions available

22x22mm profile clamps only - Trampa, LUNA 350 and Apex Trucks

3 Likes

Would you be able to tell if the apex trucks will be released soon :upside_down_face:

1 Like

@Lee_Wright

2 Likes

predicted release timeline

hope this helps.

19 Likes

Take a look at some chain setups, they offer really big reductions, can transfer tons of power and basically eat rocks all day without an issue.
I think some french vendor sells kits, cant remember the name

2 Likes

While I agree with all the other good points for chains, with 9“ you really don’t want to go higher than 42:8 which equals 5.25:1.
More than 42T on 06b chains and clearance is getting shitty, or you need to go double stage which isn’t easily available.

Etoxx does sell nice chain drive kits.
They always sold out on the website, but still available as far as I know. Just send them an e-mail.

5 Likes

Or you can use imperial standards and run the smaller #25 chain, which can easily fit 60T in the same diameter of a 06B 42T. Still plenty strong enough for our applications at over 500kg of tensile strength, but smaller and easier to size. I personally run a 62:10 ratio, but I’ve seen people run as high as 70:9.

3 Likes

yeah that’s a good argument.
I‘m currently setup a board with 05b chains which should come close to the #25 size.
Not sure if I will trust it on hard off road coming from 06b chains thou.
Time will tell :sweat_smile:

1 Like

seen this on the french forum, OKP is selling a chain kit 70 euro, otherwise I think the French store that @Acido was talking about is Overion

4 Likes