I had feared this was coming — Lacroix Underwater

Wonder if that was the start of the warranty issue :face_with_peeking_eye:

4 Likes

I know 3 people that have one around here (Colorado). So far the gasket hasn’t been the issue (although there has been other issues). The enclosure does a have a Schrader valve so you keep positive pressure on it and check for leaks.

I actually did something similar before lacroix on my diy one, but I just had the esc/rx in the aluminum smaller enclosure (good for cooling esc).

5 Likes

mind_blown

3 Likes

5 Likes

Did they really do 74 welds per nickeltab :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah at that point just solder it damn

1 Like

Pretty sure chibattery has some sort of a CNC welder.

1 Like

Look at the welds… they don’t look cnc to me

3 Likes

all the nice tools n toys

none of the craftsmanship

3 Likes

Huh You’re right I didn’t even look at the picture.

1 Like

So are the individual cells really reading 0 volts still? Seems like a strange situation.

Yeah the parallel 8 cells in that series row are all 0 volts. One cell must have died and shorted or there was some draw that happened just to that row.

It had been several months since it had been charged, but all the other rows were at 3.7V. After not using it, it had plugged it in to charge and took it out and rode it for a bit before it noticed it was already complaining about low battery. Figured out it didn’t actually charge. Maybe that ride took the already low voltage cells down to zero?

1 Like

Possibly, but if the cells were already that far out of balance, there was definitely something wrong with that P group in the first place (probably some sort of short). Maybe the BMS prevented the pack from charging because it noticed that that P group was out of the safe voltage range.

2 Likes

Yeah the BMS definitely stopped it from charging due to that. The pack was sitting idle for several months so any issue to any battery on that P group could have drained it to 0.

Since it is a charge only BMS it still was allowing it to discharge when in this state as well. Makes a good case for the BMS to be able to talk to the VESC…

1 Like

If an ESC had a second negative connection (P-) that you connect to the BMS, the ESC could be notified that the BMS has signaled a problem, and be able to gradually cut power while leaving braking functional, then completely turn off once stopped.

Similar to this, when the lights go out, pull over and stop because there is a major battery problem.

2 Likes

Sooo… is lacroix europe a different entity entirely?

I see i can buy supersport and barrel boards, at a 20% discount. If i remember correctly they won’t ship to uk however, but £2600 for a base supersport before tax doesn’t sound terrible

For an expensive item like this almost worth delivering to hotel in France near booze outlet by the ferryport stay the evening, burying it under booze & drive right through HMRC

2 Likes

Anybody would think you had done it before :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Last thing do do is put a plug of weed in the tailpipe of the car in front :smirk:

2 Likes

Eh… £50 petrol each way, £80 ferry each way, £100 or so decent hotel and i get to pay the croissant people’s vat on top of it all. Oh and when was there ever a reliable delivery estimate?

On the flip side, i get to stock up on full fat drinks, eclairs and some posh wine from auchan. I loaded the car last time

4 Likes