I dont live in the US, I dont have 1000+$, BUT I WANNA RACE!

I mean hey, if you can race around sticks and stones, when you pick up a set of cones, youā€™ll be ready for them

2 Likes

If someone has suggestions on track design please chime in!
Im thinking start with a eight then a straight then another eight back the straight and that makes a lap, haha hope that makes sense :stuck_out_tongue:

You could look up some gokart track designs too, since theyā€™re on the same scale mostly

Actually some of them are probabably even a bit small

2 Likes

some nice tight corners

3 Likes

Nice longboard wheels for DH and freeride but they are solid PU and have no core. This does not lend itself to attaching a pulley.

1 Like

I know, was a bitch attaching the pulley, but its possible trough dedication and woodscrews :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

and you will trust this to what speed?

Do you want good advice or to have us listen to your bad ideas?

1 Like

Iā€™ve clocked her at 46kmh but that was with a lot of wind in my back :smiley:
I do want good advice, actually was gonna do a different thread to discuss my bad ideas in but i couldnā€™t stop my self from mentioning them hereā€¦
But you are right, this was about advice for starting racing and i totally derailed :frowning:
Going parkinglot hunting as soon as i finished my coffee :drooling_face:

1 Like

My first build went about 62.3 km/h / 38.7 mph on only 70mm wheels due to a 245KV motor on 12S

never got it that fast of course but I think you would be plenty happy with a build that tops out about 35mph/ 50kph

2 Likes

Honestly i would like my top sliighly higher (45ish) becouse as it is now i have no problems cruising at max which drains the battery like snapā€¦ But this is on 5s, i have a 6s coming (for over a month), hoping that will take care of itā€¦

As far as my bad ideas go, will limit them to a new thread, might do a build thread today if i managed to snap some amazing photos with my 1.3mp cameraā€¦ FML

1 Like

no not trying to tell you what to do, just saying when we try to give solid advice and you go an opposite direction it is hard to keep helping you go down that opposite route.

Keep posting we clearly enjoy talking to you about it.

2 Likes

It is interesting that hes going the ā€œold schoolā€ way, its been a long time since someone documented this.

3 Likes

So i did what yā€™all told me, found a parking lot and started to race around some trees, think i pushed too hard but boy it was fun, might need a bit of rest now though :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

This isnā€™t true at all. Just type a number in the box.

1 Like

did get it to work :slight_smile: but thanks

1 Like

Iā€™ve only really seen @MoeStooge doing it from ground up but seems straightforward enough and no doubt works good on the ones he built, might be a long journey though but hey nothing good was made in a day :wink:

2 Likes

Finally did a (sort of) buildlog, you can check it out if you want to know more about my current setup :slight_smile:

Got this advice in another racing thread, liking it, might try it when the foot gets better :smiley:

3 Likes

ohh I thought you said bulldog and I kept looking for the dog and way confused where it would be on a boat.
I see now

5 Likes

There is a picture of a bullterrier in there though :joy:

3 Likes

Small update: Updated bookmarks, if anyoneā€™s missing anything please feel free to chime in and add!
My foot is better, still slightly swollen so no parkinglot racingā€¦ yetā€¦
Might try to mount a gopro on the board to record progress, been inspired by reading and watching @davidbonde, weā€™ll se what happens :slight_smile:

Im suprised no one is interested in sharing experiences in this, would have thought this subject would appeal to many but seems not :thinking:

2 Likes