ESK8 Racing needs our help to grow

I think a pair of 80mm motors n some lipos n high amp escs would get me to 60 quickly.

Ooor 4 hub motors. And some horse jockey

1 Like

@hummieee will never know till you try. :checkered_flag:

7 Likes

I won’t be going over 30. Maybe I can find that jockey. But then I don’t want to encourage someone to go 60 on a board.

2 Likes

Ooh ohh, me, me! I have some motorcycle gear and okay health insurance…lol.

6 Likes

So let’s revive this shit!

How about standardized small tracks ppl could set up anywhere?
Timed laps could be compared to others since the tracks are the same (ofc in real world scenarios different ground would give different results but close enough) that way encouraging more ppl to start, this would up the participation at events and give ppl with shitty equipment (me) a starting point, and also it would build confidence if you could compare to what others were doing and see your progress in comparison…

Accessibility is key as has been mentioned here before… Just throwin my 2 cents in here…

3 Likes

How about making a “T” race time attack? Use 6 plots and a coal to draw your track.

T race is a T shaped short sprint track with 3x regular straights, 2x 90°corners and 3x punitive hairpins. Can be scaled up and down for space constraints.

Even metric and imperial can agree over it’s simplicity :innocent:

1 Like

Perfect all we need is a standardized length of the track, or i suppose standardized lengths of segments might be better?

Edit: just realized what you ment with

2 Likes

I guess you can make a standard one and then for people in smaller or bigger parking lots, give them certain ratios so they can make it bigger or smaller in case they wanna just practice, at the end of the day, turns will be the same. By the ratios i mean the horizontal part of the T vs the vertical.

4 Likes

Can you provide a layout?

1 Like

Sure, something like this

Sorry for the sketch quality but that’s the general idea

8 Likes

This is one of the better sketches ive seen on this site lol

10 Likes

Am I the only one who doesn’t see the T right away…

5 Likes

I could have made it vertical haha but paper space!

1 Like

This track Idea is pretty brilliant because it will suit slower boards and crazy fast boards

1 Like

it is best that you did not…

7 Likes

Which direction would be up tho…

1 Like

Interesting concept, also consider a capital I shape will give you 4 rights and 4 lefts

upper-case-I

4 Likes

would you consider google maps accurate enough measurement or should it be with physical rope

1 Like

Very good question, I think on a big enough scale yes Google maps can be accurate enough (if say we use at least 25 meters length reference).

Rope ruler sounds perfect tho, another solution for smaller scale is drawing 1 meter on the ground and count steps based off this meter reference.

Agreed, you swap one high speed hairpin entry and gain two low/mid speed hairpins, gives a different technique for the track :+1:t4:

2 Likes

yeah just kinda popped into my head when thinking about how we could all measure out track dimensions in parking lots at those 50ft+ tape measure roll things not everyone will have.

Rope measuring tool is about as old as tools get pretty sure, sometime around sharp rocks I would assume.

1 Like