Hunterboards, a new take on e-skate design?

120 mm pneumies is interesting!

4 Likes

They’ve been shipping for a few weeks now according to their Facebook and instagram. Any one received their board yet? No reviews yet anywhere
I put in an order too
Order number 11xx and they said to expect shipment in dec.
the ideal city commuters board for me.
At the moment I’m using the Onsra challenger with 120mm cloudwheels
Road conditions aren’t great here so while the clouds help I’m hoping the Hunter boards will be a game changer.

Given how some boards were shipped out Over a month ago, reviews should be popping up soon.

4 Likes

I agree and was just having this conversation with @Ricardo the other day. Havent seen a single picture, video or anything about them yet they say they have shipped 50 units already. Something doesnt feel right about it

1 Like

This exactly. I can understand that global logistics is delayed everywhere with most taking twice the amount of time. But according to instagram some boards have shipped over a month ago.
So I’m guessing they’re shipping by sea and not air?
Still 200 usd for shipping to where I am I’d expect air

Well doesn’t look like a normal user review, but still

Yah that’s when he visited the company and tried it out
I haven’t seen one from customers that actually bought the board yet

2 Likes

333watt hours is 50 rides.

I was speaking to their customer service rep on instagram, apparently not a lot of people have received their boards yet some are still stuck in customs. Their largest batch just went out.
They said they’ll put me in touch with some of the people that have received their boards and see if they can share some feedback, pictures, vids whatever

I will update everyone here when that happens

4 Likes

I got the same info from @pedrosand - they were busy last week shipping boards out and I’m expecting my board to ship out later this month.

I might actually pick it up from the factory while I’m Portugal for Christmas time though :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I ordered mine this last Friday and just sent them a message today asking when it’ll ship… I’ve really like how responsive they’ve been with answering all my questions. Haha I need all terrain wheels and fenders(for commuting in nice clothes), and yeah they’ve said both are in the pipeline… I’ve wondered if cloudwheels would work, but I’ve read how they mentioned on their site where their aluminum wheels are actually helping to disapate the hub motors heat…

2 Likes

Well I suppose we should have proper reviews in the comin’ weeks then

1 Like

Same here. I plan on using this to commute within the city here in Taipei. Going to meetings, the gym and what not.
The small-ish battery shouldn’t matter too much as my travel distance is quite short, plus I bought an extra one just in case.
Hopefully the suspension with the urethane wheels will be enough, otherwise the pneumatics or maybe a larger softer urethane wheel if they decide to make one down the road.

Just a general comment regarding shipping. I seen vendors with their crate stuck on the dock for 2 months… 2 whole fucking months… Thats it got off the boat… but was sitting on the dock for 2 months!!! logistic suck hairy donkey balls right now

1 Like

It’s rough lol bad times for everyone

US domestic logistics is kinda rough right now
Ships lining up at the coast waiting to dock, crates waiting to be unloaded
Lack of dock workers and truck drivers.

China has its sporadic covid breakouts here and there. Shutting down logistics centers that affects global shipments as well. Quarantine periods when you cross provinces as well.

We have offices across the states, in China as well as Taiwan and it definitely affects business.
So can understand the 2x standard shipping times.

Not so bad in taiwan right now, no domestic cases of covid for quite a while. So no trouble for shipments coming in/going out
Don’t know about Portugal and their outbound shipping conditions.

1 Like

They are doing things slightly differently… probably trying to target different audiences, broaden the appeal.

3 Likes

I heard back from them and they said that the board would be assembled this month and I should expect it in December. I also asked how their suspension differs from the propel board’s and they replie with this
" The big difference is that our suspension system is truly independent of the turning system, meaning that when you go over rocks, holes, and debris, the vertical movement of the suspension system doesn’t affect the horizontal movement of your trucks (turning system). In the end, you’ve got more stability no matter the speed or the roughness of the terrain. This doesn’t happen in boards like the Propel Pro and S because their suspension system isn’t isolated from the turning system. In the end, you’ve got less stability, speed wobbles happen more often and you’ve got less comfort and confidence riding. Endeavor boards have an independent suspension system but the way its designed, it adds a lot of weight to the board, since it requires the addition of an extra deck under the one you put your feet on. Our Suspension system is designed to be independent and keep your board light. We patented our suspension system and it works in the city and in the countryside."

I also asked if they checked out the parallel kingpin trucks of the Apex Predator board, and they said they did and then said the below:
“But the main advantage of our system is that it makes the vertical movement of the wheel independent from the horizontal movement and that is very important at high speeds where the normal truck (kingpin or not) will try to steer at any minor bump in the road, thus reducing your stability and improving the probability of speed wobbles happening.”

I’ve now asked about an awd version and if they have some kind of traction control for their “wet” mode or in general… Haha I loved how they’ve been willing to humor my questions and even willing to arrange a conference call for me with the dev team!

7 Likes

From what I’ve seen the andeavor’s steering mechanism is independent from the suspension mechanism
But that’s cool to see they are responsive to users questions :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll need to look into propel’s suspension more to tell. That the hunter board weighs half the weight of the endeavor, while having longer range, higher speed, and the same climbing ability, leads me to think they might be on to something. (though of course hunter’s numbers are the advertised numbers and we’ll have to see what the real life numbers are…) Haha I’m also not saying I won’t end up also picking up a Propel in the long run! But I’m trying to “just” get by with a WOWGO 2s pro and cloudwheels till the hunter comes in…

3 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, the Hunterboard is all I love (cool design, suspensions, silent, made “locally”, etc…)
Damn even the price is surprising for such a complex board.
But I don’t like maketing bullshit :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes