following intensly

7 Likes

Melted centrax wheels

11 Likes

For those wondering about the effect of hallbach array, check this out

19 Likes

Is it update time yet?

1 Like

Still waiting for hangers, tires, and wheels to be made. I fit parts together and spin motors in the meantime. I’ll write and kick both of them to get it done.

7 Likes

Whats the outlook John, any chance of riding em before summer has past?
Got a board all lubed up and ready

6 Likes

I don’t know but I’ll get a date from aend and paul casting the hangers tomorrow and post it. Of course I want them all out this summer. At worst I’m imagining they’ll get to everyone by late summer

6 Likes

excellent …

4 Likes

I wrote those two: aend industries and paul the metal caster. Aend said they would check on the “tooling” (molds) and paul I haven’t heard back from yet. I know he’s just waiting for his preschool to open so he doesn’t have to watch his kid always. I offered to watch his kid but no response and he probably thinks that’s weird.( I had my own class of 6-8 4 year olds once. ).

15 Likes

Coin for scale doesn’t work, you know the right thing to do is to use banana for scale :rofl:

6 Likes

And the guy casting the hangers is freaked by the virus and …I don’t know if he even goes out. He’s freaked his kid will get it. I was pretty afraid but after reading enough numbers I estimate I have around a .5% chance of dying. Not as scary as the 3% I initially thought. He says he will do them but he’s waiting till … I don’t know what he thinks is going to happen in the future to alleviate the problem and I see it only getting worse. He wants to see how things go after this holiday weekend. I don’t want to go finding someone else to do it. He’s pretty unique in what he does in cutting the mold from a graphite block, casting it in a centrifuge and then milling it with a heatsink multi-bladed mill. He got the graphite and the bits for the mill we need and the axles… giving him another week or two hoping not to have to find someone else. But aend still are the slowest mofos around anyway and the amount of times they told me a date that got pushed back is shocking. Makes me wonder. But they have the bucks and I wait

20 Likes

Tell him corona aint shit vs an angry viking swede rowing his way towards murica if I dont get my hubs…

14 Likes

He’s under no obligation to do anything so I tread softly. Give him a couple more days and will push it more.

7 Likes

I drool just a little bit everytime you post an update.

5 Likes

Its been three weeks, where we at?

1 Like

tempted to post up my emails with aend and i think legal because for the last two messages its been me writing the same question and no response:
" Hi Tony,
how long till you think the tires and wheels will be done
John"
last he had written on friday a week ago saying the molds had come in and they needed to be fixed up and he’d know more on monday. last monday. ive written this question above to him twice now last week. from earlier writing from him he said he’d been frustrated with how hard it was to get the tires out of the mold and he’d also told me he was sorry he’d been putting it on the back burner with other things going on :they moved to texas and covid.

i dont want to hunt for another tire and wheel maker at this point. he’d offered the money back but i told him no and to keep going.

if you want to discuss more write me and happy to go through it with any of you

• they wrote today saying:
    Checking now.

We made a small adjustment to the tooling and are running some samples.

19 Likes

And paul the caster wants the final drawing for hanger so we’re moving again! (It’s done just slight alteration for wire fit)
And aend I wrote again this morn and last he said he would check on it for me days ago. I’m tightening the screws.

I’ll get some video of motors spinning in the next days. So smooth and shocked at the surprise low cogging torque. Bearings are press fit on like 4/5s of all interfaces.

19 Likes

@hummieee I sincerely hope this works out for you and everyone in the end! The fact that you provide updates for us even when the news isn’t completely positive makes you a million times better than many others.

Keep at it my dude, I haven’t personally invested in this but I love the work you do and hope that I can one day ride some hummie hubs :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

16 Likes

That’s one of my favourite things about John.

12 Likes

@hummieee
Update us daddy

5 Likes