Hummie hubs Kickstarter

Definitely go for black core

2 Likes

Or medium-dark grey AKA the color of the brake dust that accumulates on the wheel cores :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Reach out to Muirskate. I hung out at their warehouse a little bit and they used to have a decent relationship with Chaput. If any have been distributed (is that what we’re unsure of?) They’d probably be a good lead.

11 Likes

Where we at @hummieee?

4 Likes

Aend is doing things. 10 prototypes to confirm. They’d been moving.

Otherwise axles in the mail,…rrr literally. Hanger molds designed and we’re just waiting on the axles that should be here next week. All machines parts they started weeks ago and should be maybe another 2-3 weeks.

The only obstacle is the regular wheels. Haven’t heard back from abec11. Got that other wheel designed and kinda stalling on that while their pu is being tested now. And hoping someone else can go in on that big expense

Next week for sure will have some good pics of real things happening. The hangers.
We’re casting them them machining them.

Ive got no other responsibilities so. It’ll be good and I’ll be making sure of that to the best of my abilities.

7 Likes

sigh is anyone tight with @ChrisChaput?

3 Likes

I’ve tried to get ahold of him for years about all kinds of unrelated things, his awesome luge race video in sf for one, but never happens. Been trying to get anyone who works there to respond and now onto writing people who used to work there. Maybe they all used to work there now. Would be willing to buy the centrax molds maybe. I think he’s maybe shooting himself in the foot

But my ma said she’d loan me bucks if need be and would be for making that new long wheel. But don’t want to have to remind her of that and instead rather find people who wanted to invest in the wheel as partners. It would be a simple biz deal all even steven. Next week I’ll get that wheel decided so if interested speak up. So far the pu shows well. The manufacturer also makes OJ wheels which have a good rep.

Ahhh. And ma confirmed she’ll loan me the bucks.

8 Likes

Aend is seeing if they can get centrax made. Abec11 finally directed me the manufacturer aend and they said they might be able to get them made. If ur interested in getting a couple hundred that would help.

otherwise no hold up. Was slower than I said in the beginning I know but given how I think just about every other eskate Kickstarter has been late or non-existent im still happy. U will be happy.

12 Likes

2 Likes

@hummieee Some more future information about electric motor specific bearings from Japan. Could be worth looking at.

3 Likes

i cant find them for sale though. i assume prohibitively expensive. but I learned that the standard bearing sizes are much cheaper than rare bearings so will get good brand name japanese bearings. these are the two sizes they will be. the bearings i’ll order soon and they are in stock and come quickly
small

big
https://3bgsupply.com/bearings/ball-bearing/r8vv-nsk

im surprised how well the dinky bearings in the past held up but these should last a lifetime free of any worry. will do rubber seals on the outside and bear on the inside, and will get with the thinnest high temp oil/grease i can. in the past I found the common high temp greases are so thick they really slow your roll
if you find any other bearings you think would be better let me know. better yet if you find that high temp thin oil/grease let me know. both bearings you will be able to easily pull the outer seal to relube. the bigger bearing you’ll have to remove the c-clip to do that though.

5 Likes

Sorry forgot to add the north american contacts - https://koyo.jtekt.co.jp/en/network/

Anyhow for NTN or whatever brand you find, try to aim for Silicon Nitride - they withstand electrical pittng

3 Likes
9 Likes

Excellent @moon

1 Like

First drop of water on those and poof, they suck ass :rofl:

6 Likes

Dude, they are silicon nitride, water and heat proof - because of Low production quantity, they cost a fortune though…

1 Like

thas a no from me, dawg

10 Likes

No point putting super expensive bearings into your board. Just good value bearings

There is so much shit that can kill your bearings

10 Likes

Still a novelty at the moment, good science for science - would love one for my fidget spinner!

3 Likes

yea i assumed they would cost a fortune if even possibly made in the size needed but pretty cool tech.
Have to be the most awesome bearings available thought!
Thanks for the price @sesat. so 2000 bucks for the bearings for a complete board.

strangely if the bearing is literally three times as big it costs as much as the skate 608 size. As if theyre trying to get ahold of that super rich skater who has to have it all.

4 Likes