Hummie carbon and wood deck group buy

@hummieee Are there still some blemished decks available? Need one for skinning.

2 Likes

Lots still. Get on the google form and get them out this week.

2 Likes

payed and fild in the forum a few days ago any idea when next round will ship?

1 Like

Left last night and will add the tracking numbers to this post later today. And refund u the difference. Seems going to u in the Neanderthal lands is cheaper than rest of Europe by like 20$.

7 Likes

So is this classed as a blem or perfect deck @hummieee ?

I first thought it was sanding at first but it follows the patten of the fabrics not the curve of the deck Also there’s a 4mm deep dent in the resin in opasit corners I can only presume from stacking wet in construction

See the laminate layers have evidence of knots with holes in them showing lower quality wood. Iv cut up thousands of sheets of struchal grade birch wood ply for building theatre sets in this wouldn’t pass.

4 Likes

Just for reference this is how knots are delt with on struchal ply the knot is drilled out and then a dowl is glued in before the log it turned in to sheets for making ply.

7 Likes

Great, thanks a lot :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Think they all have those dents

4 Likes

All have the dimples. I see DIYElectricSkateboard with what seems almost an exact copy now that he shrunk down the hole in the bottom has the same dimples. From when they clamp it down in the mill.

Blem vs non-blem is pretty close call. If u aren’t happy w it write me and we can work something out.

4 Likes

I still don’t think it is an exact copy. But I haven’t been able to get rid of those dimples either. :sob:

I think it’s due to the deck being a lot wider than normal.

5 Likes

dimples are because of the moulds? If you both have dimples it probably comes from the same mould :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

@BigBen @hummieee

Did hummie get a stock of enclosures?
Can’t see anything about them here or in the gdoc so I guess not?

1 Like

No. Last I knew, Ben doesn’t have the time to pump out a bunch of enclosures (IMO his prices are too low). So you’re better off grabbing one from 'tiller or maybe Ben will do a one off for you.

3 Likes

I was like where did i see the hummieee enclosure… psycotiller that’s right thanks!

just curious. I got cash and want a deck and enclosure for a quick build and weighting my options.
blem deck very very good price

prolly could find the thread if i could spell tiller’s name right

2 Likes

I wish, it was. Otherwise, would of gotten a custom mould.

4 Likes

Hi,
I’ve got the moulds and can make them on demand.
I’ve got a few to make but the wait for an existing one isn’t too long.

8 Likes

whats shipping like to 98502 ?

my friend has a crap deck and no enclosure yet so can I have a shipping quote for 1 and 2 of these enclosures?

1 Like

Should be able to get 2 in the same parcel for ÂŁ20 slow post.

4 Likes

@hummieee deck and @bigben enclosure
:star_struck:

18 Likes

What colour is that enclosure?