carbon and wood deck 40” $125 in USA

Top quality! Both deck and enclosure

1 Like

What is the timeline on these now with the indiegogo done for?

I kinda want one, but have no plans for it if I get it.

Hummie, what do you think the future is for enclosures? Say I bought just the deck and a year down the line had the ability to electrify it, think I would have trouble sourcing an enclosure?

1 Like

What is the cutout on these?

Still waiting for the money back from indiegogo. They did charge my card so I have to wait for it to come back. Filled the form and will paypal you once I get the money back

this happens whenever enough money is rounded up for the 50 deck order. it’s worth getting even if you have no plans…always good to have no matter what the situation.

ben is doing the boxes and the future depends on if he still does them. I actually think its too stiff and overkill in my mind. but still kydex always breaks, every one ive ever known. this thing I think you could bottom out a speed bump if you unweighted the board and be ok. i bet you could slide around on bens box on a rail or something. Id rather he do it either with more unidirectional glass or something to make it flex more or make it thinner. what you think?

the cutout i’ll post on the form. 585x145x13mm (form following and three dimensional done on 3d mill)

5 Likes

Can’t be too strong. No such thing

4 Likes

I think you’re fucking rude John and if I was Ben I’d be at the end of my tether with your flip flopping bullshit. He’s a very patient man, clearly.

3 Likes

no one has to do anything they don’t want to. if i fuck around forever doing a kickstarter and trying to figure out how to do it… so be it. i don’t know exactly what youre even talking about but sounds petty. if someone has a problem and doesn’t want to work with me that’s them and me.

i think i owe ben a board and box and maybe i still owe @Sender some bucks but was paying that back if not already i forget. im not as up on taking care of those things. i also have no customers that have a problem with me as far as i know. …if ben doesn’t want to do the boxes…@ben. ? that’s fine and find someone to.

3 Likes

@BigBen ^^^

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-system--unidirectional-fiberglass-tape-3-wide-x-50-roll--584526?mrkgcl=481&mrkgadid=3150667381&cm_mmc=PS--MSN--BSC%3ENonB%3EProduct%2520Type-_-584526&creative=73254976877781&device=c&matchtype=e&msclkid=84ac178d513f1ad201ff4ac3032f1ce9

Ok. So 50 decks. What are we at? Not to be rude but that’s not really an answer. How many concrete orders are you at? I understand there is a number waiting for the indiegogo to cancel before ordering, but what is the time line for that as well?

I may buy 2, I may not. I have no clue what is going on anymore.

Edit: Concrete even if not soon most likely has me in.

Were at 8.
Buy two and can cut 15$ off the total shipping for USA , anywhere else take 20$ off per extra board. Just write the details on the form

The indigo ends in like 25 days

I think @hummieee was just saying he’s unclear in the future of the future and what the enclosures may evolve too.

3 Likes

Was trying to say bens doing the boxes unless he doesn’t want to. As far as he’s told me he is. And see if others who have his box also felt they were overly stiff and see if we could get him to possibly make them more flexible.

I don’t see a point in making them flexible? Deck doesn’t flex so why should the enclosure?

1 Like

The deck does flex to some degree. Maybe I’m the only one who thinks box be better more flexy. Puts more stress on the inserts being stiff and imagine could be made maybe even stronger if flexy n less likely to crack n more so bend. But if no one else agrees…

3 Likes

If you don’t overtight the screws for inserters and make the enclosure screw holes a bit bigger so it can move in x/y I don’t see why it would stress the inserters.
I for one like to have a sturdy enclosure

3 Likes

Essentially making it loosely mounted to compensate. But it’s just my opinion. I like the feel of the deck bending alone. Better than the feel of kydex but still

1 Like

They could be made with less layers, I don’t think they would be strong enough around the mounting holes?
They could be made with a different cloth, or a mixture of cloths with thicker at the mounting points. They could also be vacuum infused. All these options would mean more expensive materials and more labour intensive=more expensive enclosures…

6 Likes