HoytRodz - Pocket Rocket 180kv | SurfRodz 200mm RKP | Unity FOCBOX | ZooBomb 97s | 12S LiPo

This is a board I built up while I wait for my 44 Remember. I’ll expand a bit more in the build once I’ve slept.

It rowdy.

30 Likes

I love the name.
When I grow up I want to be just like you.

Keep generating this public content or @b264 will tell you to sell your car.

4 Likes

But in all seriousness…Whats your take on the zoobombs? Do they beat out the boas or kegels? I’ve been looking at them for a little bit now.

3 Likes

I haven’t ridden Boas yet so can’t really comment. I like these more than my abec11 refly for sure.

They’re quality, they finished the surface to give it a bit of grit, and the rebound feels perfect.

I really, really like em.

Do they sell them individually? I’d guess so but haven’t actually looked.

3 Likes

Like stone ground or some kind of coating? It’s nice to have another wheel option out there.

2 Likes

Im hoping to try them out soon. Maybe @DerelictRobot will slut it up and get us a few pairs at a deal.

2 Likes

Bingo

2 Likes

Tell us more about those motors if you please? Build looks great, nice stablemate to the LaC

1 Like

She’s only a half sibling of an LaC!

The Hoyt Pocket Rockets are genuinely quality. If I’m to be honest I’m not sure I could ever justify the retail price tag on a part I consider a consumable, but they are fuckin solid.

I tore one of them down out of curiosity- they show up fully battle hardened, I’m not sure the magnets will come loose anytime soon like so many motors have without aftermarket hardening processes.

They’ve got plenty of power and are very compact, but that does result in them running a bit hotter than I’m used to with my larger can motors. With that said it’s never been an issue in play, they don’t exhibit any thermal runaway.

My biggest complaint would be the nonstandard mounting dimensions. If you use a universal style mount its a non-issue though.

3 Likes

Ah those are the Hoyt motors they look tough as hell, explains the military pricing but you pay for quality

Funny size, presumably put out 6355 power
56x53mm, 530g, 2200w, 180kv, 8mm shaft, voltage 8S-12S (set of 2)

Yep, that’s about right, they’re essentially compacted 6355s. I’ll dig up some better photos, if you’ll excuse the filthy workshop hands.

6 Likes

Man i really want those for a shorter kicktail deck with narrow wb. But the price…

2 Likes

Those motors do look bad ass but damn they are expensive.

1 Like

@DerelictRobot these are sweet. so they are smaller and you say they feel like a 6355 in power and already battle hardened. great news so what’s the weight compared to a 6355 …and I’m curious what’s that motor gear tooth size

1 Like

I didn’t bother to toss them on a scale. They’re somewhere between a 5065 & a 6365 I’d guess? Hah. They’re already on my board and will hopefully not be coming off for awhile. You might ask Hoyt if you’re looking for specifics.

Do you mean shaft diameter? 8mm

1 Like

Ok I’ll give them a shout to see if they have a weight for it I’m curious now might have to try them there remote is amazing…the battle hardened motor is selling me and being smaller with the power of a 6355 is very interesting…the weight will be my buying point now …thanks for the information cheers

2 Likes

530gm according to their site, look nice but for the connoisseur at that price

1 Like

I cannot disagree with that at all.

I was one of the pre-release testers so the retail wasn’t a factor for me.

1 Like

So 530gr is 1.1 pound …my 6355 are 646gr 1.5 pounds so you can save almost a pound in a dual configuration…not bad… I know I don’t like to carry a 18 pound board around town in and out of stores never mind most build I see here are 20-22 plus…I have a falcon gear drive with 6380 thank fuck I can drag it like a luggage bag as it’s 21 pounds…I have 16.5 pound blink s2 moded on a moonshine sidkick to drop the weight with Seismic wheels …the exway is 15 pounds carry all day …I’m going for light builds only thanks for the help folks… and yes these are very pricey motors time to think hard and do lots of comparing …love to hear more on these motors when you get more miles in on them cheers

2 Likes

Just thinking since you were one of the first testers and maybe @Sender can chime in this also … both you gent’s know these guys how about a group buy for motors since sender’s remote was a hit …
Maybe just a thought cheers

2 Likes