Hoyt puck shell: batwings

I only said the game needs to change, and well I think it does.
In many ways, but that is what I would call Evolution.
If you are calling it dif then you are just reading to far into it.

As if that was the Goal. GTFO.
Ill remove it all for you baby.

1 Like

End result vs intention. TYL.

1 Like

Iā€™ll take an XL @bboybowzer

Thanks for getting these done so I donā€™t have sit next to my shitty printer.

Looks like I missed the drama while riding mtn bikes with my kid.

6 Likes

So, Iā€™ve no horse in this race (and no hoyt st puck #flipshitVX2gangang)

But this line surprised me:

Even in MJF, two relatively small prints shouldnā€™t cost much in my experience. Now, maybe you used a small local shop, but I was curious. So I quoted 5x case tops and 5x case bottoms (around the min order at most big fab shops) of the batwing model.

Best pricing I found was at hubs.com (formely 3DHubs, now owned by Protolabs)

Thatā€™s $18.61 ea to your door, in Nylon 12 black.

Again, you do you, but 3D is so inexpensive these days, thereā€™s no reason anyone that wants one canā€™t get it direct from a manufacturer themselves.

Edit: oof, also I didnā€™t read all these replies. I was really just curious about the actual cost. No offense intended. Itā€™s an important pt that someone would have to organize a small group buy to take advantage of these price breaks.

4 Likes

So far The feedback Iā€™ve gotten outside the forum is too much for a 3D print even if itā€™s mjf nylon. I thought originally this would be cool to do just based on what Aaron and I were seeing with the downloads and what not.

The pricing I got for these wasnā€™t that low and I placed orders via 2 different places. I probably should have just done a local run of the different colors vs these black ones. Oh well. They look cool and feel good in the hand vs fdm printed ones. I compared one with Aaron before I went to print more of them.

The locals like them and their fairly clean prints. Iā€™ll just leave doing shells to the more well versed business people

6 Likes

It may actually be the easiest / most equitable solution to create a shapeways seller account. Then people can choose the color they want (or even diff material), theyā€™ll take care of shipping, and you can hand out a link easy-peasy when people see your badass covers in person.

3 Likes

I also rock that keyword. Thing is rock solid

I wouldnā€™t give up, they look great! Iā€™m sure there is a market for them. The people who have voiced their opinion have every right to do so, because this is a public forum and they are entitled to their opinion. Ultimately donā€™t stop doing it just because someone says not to. Nobody gets anywhere doing that. Just take peoples comments with a grain of salt weather good or bad, as they are just that, opinions.

3 Likes

As one who doesnā€™t have a 3D printer I think itā€™s fair price.
I was going to get into 3D printing but I could not justify it as I have friends with printers that would print something If needed, and my needs are slim if any at all.
Even my other hobby flying FPV I still havenā€™t needed any 3D parts.
But my Mig welder is a different story that is something I use daily now doing metal fab on my 4x4.

Color MJF is margins more expensive than black/grey MJF. Itā€™s exactly why DRI has a price difference in Black/Grey & Custom color PPB orders.

Not an apples to apples comparison youā€™re trying to make here. And to sell a product that you have to manufacture, someone needs 40-50% margin to make it worth their time, investment, and liability.

You guys talking about pricing need to do proper pricing research first, and then take the discussion somewhere other than someoneā€™s sales threads, FFS.

5 years ago weā€™d be paying 3-5x the price for the same quality prints. Perspective, the fact that we have individuals that can offer small-run custom designed remote shells printed in high quality nylon is something that should be applauded.

Please go try this. Itā€™ll be the same price if not more than whatā€™s being offered here, with less margin.

Better yet, anyone here complaining or challenging the pricing is welcome to go design their own remote shell entirely. The fact is that the design is readily available, for free, and anyone is more than capable of printing one for themselves without complaining here. Choosing beggars abounds.

12 Likes

nice job on the batwing! uwu

iā€™ll take one! iā€™ll send you my deets in the PMs?

9 Likes

What have you bestowed upon this land

4 Likes

OP isnā€™t manufacturing anything - heā€™s reselling. Tell me Iā€™m wrong, but no where did he mention he runs a print farm of HP MJF. And if he did, theyā€™d probably be priced lower.

This is completely irrelevant. Especially when weā€™re talking about supply, demand, access, and sales.

Not OPā€™s design. What are you even ranting about?

3 Likes

You guys must have missed the part where OP is working with the designer on this. Joint effort.

1 Like

So, heā€™s not the designer then? and the design is open source and freely available?

Tell me how this isnā€™t anything but reselling? Also, what your ranting about?

3 Likes

4 Likes

ITT: people complaining about pricing on something they donā€™t have to buy, and certainly donā€™t need to complain about given the ability to print or design ones own.

This is why we canā€™t have nice things.

6 Likes

its just a sale thread let it rest

4 Likes

@bboybowzer
Iā€™m excited for my XL :star_struck:
thank you for your awesome fitting session on deciding between the regular or the XL Iā€™m taking the XL youā€™re one of the best guys on this forum :call_me_hand:

7 Likes

This whole thread needs a joint effort

15 Likes