Hoyt puck shell: batwings

Updated to $40 based on feedback

**Batwing mod case for the Hoyt pucks
In the normal and xl flavors. Printed mjf nylon, so their fairly clean and sturdy
Can ship international at additional cost once I get where you are.

I currently have 4 black normal, 6 black Xl, 2 grey normals **:
Price $40 shipped continental USA (USD):

Images
19 Likes

Glws, Iā€™ve been wanting to try one but Iā€™ll probably print it myself.

Off topic: I used the same keyboard, non backlit, for like 8 years lol on two sets of batteries.

4 Likes

50usd for a Shell is just silly :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

The shells are made from MJF nylon, which is incredibly strong, unique design and produced in small batches. Iā€™d say the price is more than fair.

GLWS Bao!

Edit: credit to the original design/designer would probably not go astray tho :call_me_hand:

17 Likes

The printing process is not cheap.

Iā€™ve stacked on my PPB mjf nylon case a whole bunch of times and itā€™s holding up great!

Just because you wouldnā€™t pay it, doesnā€™t mean its not worth it or that somebody else wouldnā€™t pay it.

Give Bao a break dude, heā€™s gone and had a batch of stuff made at his own cost to provide a quality product.

11 Likes

I agree but this is HP MJF printing, not FDM printing. This probably costs around $12-15 a side to make in small batches so ~ $30 cost plus shipping.

Seems like a reasonable price to me mate. I think that in general esk8 stuff costs more as there just isnā€™t a lot of us so batch sizes are tiny. Ask me how I know :joy:

19 Likes

Iā€™m fine with constructive criticism if the price rid too much for the current times itā€™s too much. At $40 Iā€™d be fine just taking the lost and giving them away at carve at that point as prizes or random racing

3 Likes

Aaron the guy who designed it is a buddy I ride with. Iā€™ve already kicked him free shells along with some other goodies. But if you feel Iā€™m doing doing this to be a thief thatā€™s your prerogative

2 Likes

Your prices are fine, I feel all of us here have different skill sets.
An well with that said, make that paper but at least leave a credit to the maker.

1 Like

Remember when I ordered that deck from you? I donā€™t care how much it cost cos I want it and thatā€™s all that matters to me. You set your own prices in this game and people can decide if they want to pay it or not

9 Likes

Aaronā€™s pictures to show the difference between fdm and mjf for the Facebook crowd

13 Likes

If they sell they sell. If not Iā€™ll do a giveaway or some sort at carve

3 Likes

You do your thing dude and Iā€™ll support you to the max. Make sure you cost your time in, not just making but research and development and all the failures etc. We are digressing from the thread now but yeah as Ben says to me all the time - are we making money or just busy fools? Itā€™s something that sticks in my head

5 Likes

Whereā€™s the incentives for makers to make new and innovative products if they are expected to sell at bottom dollar?

Making ā€˜affordableā€™ part of your product spec is fine and admirable.

But as with a lot of things, most of the time you will run into the old adage

cheap shitā€™s not good and good shitā€™s not cheap

5 Likes

damn ill start mass producing these in PETG and selling them for $20 a pop and make more money than my freelance job :money_mouth_face:

joking ofc, stuff like this needs to be printed in nylon

Updated to $40 shipped. If pay goods and service as $2.00.

1 Like

Of course not. But you canā€™t expect that theyā€™re willing to do it for free/cheap/without some other incentive besides the passion if bringing a product to market.

2 Likes

I respect you as a maker dude, but you come into someoneā€™s sales thread, whinging about the price when you clearly donā€™t have much of an idea about the material or production costs, say that the ā€˜game needs to changeā€™ in regards to vendors valuing their productsā€™ worth and then just wanna slink away from the conversation?

I apologise if i took you out of context, just replying to what I thought you were implying.

Anyway. Batwings.

5 Likes

I guess the main thing here, which is the number one reason that I didnā€™t comment on the price, is that we all probably wouldnā€™t go get this printed for such a high cost like this

Most of us would either print it ourselves with PETG or Nylon or something, or cheap out and use PLA

They all ā€œworkā€ as cases, but this MJF is top of the line stuff - thatā€™s why the PPB cases are expensive too. Anyways, the point is - if you wouldnā€™t buy it at this cost, donā€™t complain - thereā€™s people that buy Lacroix for the insane prices that they are

It seems like there was a lack of education with some of the price complaints but now it appears that everyone is mostly on the same page. I donā€™t know if anyone is going to buy these but they sure do look better than the original puck case.

4 Likes

Agreed. Pretty rude way of dominating someoneā€™s sales thread @NullBlox.

MJF is an expensive, high quality print process. It costs what it costs, go upload these models to Shapeways and see for yourself.

What blows me away is people complaining when the 3D models are available for you to print, free.

Itā€™s open source; dont like the price of a product? Print it yourself, or go find a print service to do it for you. Posting 20x times in someone elseā€™s sales thread accomplishes none of this and is just bad form.

Reactionary, kneejerk, uneducated posting like this is what needs to ā€œchange in this gameā€.

Good luck on the sale @bboybowzer, the print quality on these look amazing!

13 Likes