Hoyt Puck sending full brake/reverse signals after being smashed

I set up my Hoyt puck on my unity and now ANY amount of “brakes” (happens whith reverse on and off), the ppm signal shoots from 0 to -100 instantly. I confirmed this in the Unity app. When I hold the “R” the problem reverses. It goes from 0 to +100 instantly.

The reversed behavior makes me think something is wrong with the remote itself. What is the screen name of the Hoyt guy on here?? Please @ him.

UPDATE

A solder joint on the potentiometer was broken. And then right before sending it out to Hoyt I plugged the receiver in backwards (like an idiot).

Despite my stupidity, they fixed the issue and are sending it back today. Hoyt support really is unrivaled. Can’t wait to be using this again.

Update #2

They ended up hiring me and I worked for them as a production engineer for a year and a half. The puck still breaks when you break it. I hear they’re working on it.

3 Likes

@JJHoyt is the name
Electric skateboards are the game

7 Likes

can you post a pic of your ppm calibration screen?

3 Likes

Youch!!! Pete will get back to you on this shortly (despite being down for the count).

7 Likes

Try recalibrating the remote. If it’s a software thing this should fix it.

Hoyt st puck remote recalibration.

Step 1:Press the TRIM, MODE, and POWER buttons at the same time, and the green LEDs will flash slowly to indicate the calibration mode

Steps 2: Move the throttle wheel to the max and min positions and let it return back to center, then press the REVERSE button to exit and restart.

Steps 3: After step 2, the remote will beep and vibrate once. This indicates that the calibration was successful.

Steps 4: If the remote vibrates once but doesn’t beep, the calibration has failed. Restart the remote and repeat steps 1-3.

16 Likes

Title is a bit unfair, don’t you think?

9 Likes

Hey Pete-

Good to see you here, even if it’s just a one-off. Bumped your level anyway.

4 Likes

If it ends up not being the remotes fault I will change the title.

2 Likes

I cannot get the first step to work. Should I do while the remote is off? While it’s connected to the board? Hold or press?

Tried to calibrate and completely fucked the controller bc now it goes full throttle forward and back with any slight (insanely small movement) of the thumb wheel. How do more people not get hurt with this?

After calibrating like you said Pressing “R” after the “green” (they were blue when I tried) light came on and nothing happens. @JJHoyt

It sounds like you’re not doing the calibration properly. Or I guess there’s a chance the remote is messed up but doesn’t the hoyt use hall sensor?

1 Like

Those movements are not from me moving the wheel.

2 Likes

@jack.luis get on the phone or FaceTime with @GeraldSwerdfegger and he’ll get you sorted.

2 Likes

Oh while you’re here, just curious does the puck use a hall or a pot sensor?

1 Like

As this is the very first reported issue with what is universally regarded as one of the best remote options available then the title is indeed very un fair.
I suggest you change it please to something less dramatic because the issue could be any number of things. Change it to something less sensational or one of us will.

7 Likes

Hoyt puck tried to kill me ----> I fucked up the remote settings and got hurt

11 Likes

Stop the world.
We agree.
Its the end of days people.
Batten down the hatches

5 Likes

The remote was working perfectly on my other board. All I did was move the receiver and setup through focbox UI Android app. Just like I did on my other board.

Title changed.

1 Like