How to remove/install a 3D Servisas kegel wheel pulley [SRO]

:nauseated_face::face_vomiting:
It’s a good thing we’re in America where disposable income isn’t an issue :rofl:

2 Likes

Nothing makes me happier than pissing money away on parts…

6 Likes

Why do think of Rambo when I see the end results of @rafaelinmissouri delicate work removing that pulley?:rofl:

1 Like

@rafaelinmissouri was the pulley even useful once you got it out?

1 Like

I think this answers your question lol

@ZachTetra

1 Like

Hell’s no.
I had to see it through just out of rage.
But it is totally mangled.

2 Likes

Dude, if you gave up before you starting tearing into the wheel you could have least sold it :joy:

1 Like

But, rage…
Also fuck the Jed wheels…

3 Likes

I’m asking! I’m asking! what happened man? Sorry, I only saw the pictures, but couldn’t quite figure out what went wrong or the backstory - was it anything like your Cloudwheels episodes season 1 and 2?

1 Like

No alcohol or toothpaste came in contact with the boas…

Long story short…
The core holes on the boas are too tight for 3d servisas press fit pulleys.

I got the boas a while back(actually to replace the clouds)
They had been ok.
I had been using the janux bolted pulleys on them.

But I decided to get the 3d servisas pulleys because I have them on the TB 110s and they are super nice. They took forever (6 weeks) to get here.

During this time I decided I no longer liked the boas and ordered the TB 100s as a replacement.

So here is where the stupid comes in.

I got the pulleys yesterday.
And knew I was getting the TB wheels today.

Since I get excited about getting parts I decided to slap the pulleys on the Boas. Even though it was going to be a day or two only…

And so I did.
And I did not stop when it took a hell of a lot of effort to hammer the pulleys in…
I should have known to just stop and wait for the TBs…

Anyways I go on one ride with the boas with the 3d servisas pulleys.

Today I get the TB wheels and decide to take out the pulleys…
And it was pretty freaking hard with the first wheel.
I had to beat it pretty good with an Allen wrench for a rod and both a hammer and a rubber mallet.
But it came out fine.
Both pulleys and wheel where in fine and usable shape…

So cool. Let’s do the second wheel really quickly and go ride during my lunch break…

Not so fast, say the esk8 gods.
You and your plans can go fuck yourself…

I started tapping the pulley with the rod and hammer and NOTHING… No movement.

so I kept escalating how hard I was hitting it. Eventually got a 2 lb metal mallet. And just started going at it.

And NOTHING.

That pulley was not budging.

More beating and beating and more nothing.

Eventually I noticed I had damaged the core.
And I lost it.
The core is super tough. Iwonder should call the Jed guys.

I also saw some deformation of the pulley.
But hoped I could salvage it.

At which point I start tearing up the wheel mostly in rage mode.

Took back saws and drilling and pulling and cutting and fucking took forever.

I kind of knew at some point the pulley was fucked but still out of rage I had to see it through and get it all out…

I was able to steal that part from my TB 110s and was able to put the board together…

Went for a ride and the new wheels are nice.

But out of the fucking blue I was having weird electronics issues with one motor spinning weird… So my ride was kind of a bummer…
It might be my cell phone Bluetooth and Bluetooth speaker fucking with the mini remote… Not sure.
Gonna open it up and move the antenna around…

One of these days I’m going to throw all my diy boards and their fucking problems in the river and just buy a Meepo😃

11 Likes

Think heat might’ve helped to loosen it?

1 Like

I don’t know dude… Really just incompatible parts…

1 Like

This was a whole rollercoaster, damn that was painful to look at.

3 Likes

Whoa! thanks for the backstory - and sharing the pain. “RAGE MODE on” - I feel it!

3 Likes

#fuckboa :ok_hand: #fuckshitcunts

3 Likes

any tricks on getting the bearing out of the pulley?

There should be 3 bearings. Two inside the wheel, and one in the pulley.

I personally measure how long the spacer needs to be by installing the pulley without the bearing and measuring to the wheel bearings. Err on the “slightly shorter” side, otherwise it will clunk around while you’re riding.

4 Likes

I understand there needs to be 3 bearings now, but what goes in between the pulley bearing and the back wheel bearing? Sorry to keep asking just trying to understand.

I use literally whatever metal pieces I can find. There are a few spacers that come with the pulley. Skateboard speed washers are ~1mm thick. If you take apart old bearings, the inner races are 7mm.

I find a combination of stuff that’s as close to my measurement as possible without going over, and use it.

1 Like

Gotcha, thank you very much!!