How to I get this 9pin connected up to a vesc? Hobywing motor!!!!

for a hobbywing esc, sure. if you swap in a vesc you’d be running settings so low that its kinda pointless

1 Like

I see them a lot on the ebike hubs but have seen them elsewhere as others have mentioned.

I’d just look for a 9 pin higo breakout cable if that’s too long.

2 Likes

Yeah looking around only finding long cables. Surprising no one has used hobbywing motors with vesc’s yet im sure they have loads more power in them.

Just cut it off. The wires are all color coded in The sleeve.
Cut the connector as far possible from the motor.
You can also get an adapter piece but I’ve also had these connectors fail on me and needing reseating etc. Depends on how many times you are going to plug and unplug it.

Some time ago in put these connectors on most of my hub motors to allow for simple swapping between dd and hub. After many swaps the connectors were not vibration proof anymore and needed to be ducktaped to ensure them to stay together.

Wouldn’t be a problem on pneumatics but they are not usable in that scenario due to the poor current rating.

1 Like

Also think again on this.

A lot here have tested every hub drivetrain on the market.

I have tested hobbywing , koowheel , ecomobl (meepo) , backfire (at)hubs and some other weird pneumatic hub drivetrain for MTB.

Also Carvon and Elofty DDs have been on my board.

The best performance will always come from DDs

If you want speed the best I found is:
Koowheel hubs or Carbon Exodrives (same (internals) ±55kmh on 107s
Or Ecomobl 100mm hubs (unreliable axle)

For Torque:
I’ve found the hobbywing hubs (ownboard) suit me best but you’ll get a max of 38km/h
They’re and fun for shredding and almost indestructible + cheap

I wish I had a loaded set.

I’ve actually done it, I had a breakout cable that turned this connector into bullets and a vesc sensor wire. I then disassembled it and sold the hubs because they’re just hub motors

If hubs and DD have as you put it “the best performance or speed” why are gear/chain/belt ratio drivetrains more popular?

The key word is ratio. Gearing ratios allow for far more possibilities, and even low gearing is more efficient than the 1/1 that hubs and dd setups offer. I agree that direct drive performs very well. Its smooth, quiet, and stable. The free roll is almost as good as a kick board. But its massively inefficient, and there arent as many reliable direct drive setups on the market.

If we are speaking of hubs of course.

I exclusively use belt drivetrains with pneumatics for almost a year now

I did, salvaged the two connectors pcb on a fryed hobbywing esc

1 Like

This is exactly what you need. Has the correct sensor connector to connect to a VESC, but you may want to double check that the balance wires are in the correct order.

1 Like

FOC wizard says 45A…

I forget where I found wiring but I have mine swapped with mr60 and 6pin JST

We are not talking about a BMS here.
Balance has nothing to do with it.

Did this a while ago. @iNoLikeFlexyDecks has this now.

I think you didn’t Include those and gave them to a friend instead

Sensor wires, not balance wires. My bad. Obviously there’s no balance wires between a motor and an ESC. :roll_eyes: I would guess most other people know what I meant and that it was a typo.

Yes but I am an asshole sometimes. Excuse me.

1 Like

Haha, yeah, I have my A-hole moments too. No worries. Just got our wires crossed, I guess. :laughing:

I did 100% include them. Friend changed his mind. :joy:

Well anyway, I cut those connectors off a month ago because they couldnt handle the vibrations anymore