How to deal with dogs when you ride

Damn dude, hope your sweet pup is alright and your neighbor enjoys those vet bills.

1 Like

We’re both ok, the dog had its shots and tags. Got lucky this time

1 Like

I always just avoid dogs, unless I’m familiar with them.
I’ll take a detour and take a different block.

Even if the dogs are leashed and all they do is bark and get uppity I feel like some owners will still get annoyed.

I’ll also avoid people with baby strollers. Because its a skateboard, I feel like people sometimes aren’t always so confident you’re absolutely in control, and IDK. I don’t think they’d really mind but maybe it keeps their outing a bit more peaceful.

5 Likes

Good on you man for thinking beside yourself. I imagine every baby is sleeping peacefully and also the lightest sleeper.

Ramp up speed a bit before, coast by with motors quiet, on the opposite side of the road of possible.

This thread was perfectly timed:

Yesterday I went for a ride around the lake and saw 2 dogs off leash at the park. I love pups and they were playing with eachother nicely so I rolled by them slowly, expecting them to run up to me. One is a huge black dane and the other is a shepherd puppy.

An old man hobbles out of a car and approaches me with his cane, apologizing about the dogs. He accidentally let the new puppy out and it wasn’t trained to return well.

There are 2 cars behind me on the road and I can feel one trying to sneak around me, even though this dog is darting around, not caring about the street. I pushed my board off in the grass to get the dog to chase me away from the street and it works!

…until the dog shoots way past me and slides over a small ledge into the water :flushed: I’ve never seen a dog that can’t swim before and this was my first time. It was the saddest thing. I climbed in and got him out of the muddy creek and he thanked me by shaking all of the shit water on and around my face.

13 Likes

9 Likes

@Venom121212 great thinking man! Poor pup!

3 Likes

Next time, knock him the fuck out with the motor end of your esk8.

1 Like
1 Like

5 Likes

i always slow down to walking speeds, no matter what, im not gonna kill a dog by hitting it with my board, nor am i gonna endanger my self with hitting a dog with my board and flying off

2 Likes

Kittens are a great distraction for large aggressive mutts, I always conceal carry a kitten jicimage

8 Likes

Doubles as a “bring your own” for any BBQ, too. You’re a marvel.

4 Likes

how does the wifey prepare kitty?

A real man grills his own helpless animals.

4 Likes

but wifeys clean the fur much better

Nah, the fur is easy, just like chicken feathers: nothing resiste a blowtorch

EDIT : the blowtorch could work as well for the dogs problem

1 Like

Scariest thing I’ve had (nothing I would have prepared for)- was a leashed dog ran in front of my board and formed a tripwire with the owner remaining on the other side of the board. I plowed through it and luckily it came loose from the owners hand or I would have ended up face first in the pavement. Hadn’t worried immensely prior to that but the tripwire act got me a little frazzled that day.

2 Likes