How to bind the Mini Remote [Serious]

How did it fare?

2 Likes

Seems to be as reliable as the OG one, no cutouts nor funny behavior.

3 Likes

I got a same remote+receiver on aliexpress, I have a hard time binding them. The led on the receiver flashes fast when it’s unbind, so I hold the bind button and turn on the remote. Led didn’t turn solid, only turned solid when I let go of the bind button. When led is solid, I remove the binding plug. Throttle works ok(didn’t know I’m not supposed to hit throttle), as soon as I turn off receiver the motor went full throttle. I turned everything off and turn back on, they were unbind and won’t pair automatically.
On the second time, I tried to bind with the same method without touching the throttle during the process, turn everything back on they won’t pair.
The third time after checking the above video, I stopped letting go of the binding button, and it took above 2-4min for them to bind. Then I turned everything off, and turn them back on they just won’t pair automatically.

Do you think I should I get a new rx/tx?

This means you need to set the failsafe. The timing of removing the bind key sets this.

This is absurdly long. It’s typically about 3 or 4 seconds.

Thank your for the reply, I think I would have to get a new one.

1 Like

Turn on “RT APP” on the right side of the tool. Change “Control Type” to Off. In the PPM > Mapping tab, look at the realtime pulselength information. Does it stay centered when you turn off the remote?

I will do this and post results tonight - thank you much

No, the left motor runs reverse and the red bar shows that

What does the “From VESC” bar do when you switch off the remote?

Nothing - doesn’t move. But the wheel turns fast

Change “Control Type” to Off.

sorry - I followed that instruction before I moved the USB cable to the next CAN

OK - so same result. I power the remote off- wheels spin in reverse…but the two indicator bars do not move from center

I am open to disabling reverse if I need to…I never use it…?

Update on this mini remote with the new PCB.

Yep it’s reliable. Used this on my race board and performed with no cutouts.

Now, the current aliexpress link i’ve been usually buying them from, the listing expired. Anyone has a link to get mini remotes? Gotta have a few spares around.

5 Likes

I followed this guide exactly and the thing refuses to pair, I’ve even had it working before but this time it just won’t do it. I had it running not 3 weeks ago.

1 Like

video of following the steps might help diagnose.

1 Like

Yep followed the video, did exactly as it was shown, which is the same way I’ve always done it, and it still won’t pair.

He’s saying you should take a video so we can diagnose it better

2 Likes