How to bind the Mini Remote [Serious]

This post just helped me a shit ton, which is even more than a metric tonne!
Thanks @b264.

2 Likes

are you sure its a real failsafe ? i don’t see it in the video , you need to be at full trottle and then you cut power from remote and see what happen

Yes, it will go from full throttle to whatever you set it at while binding. Typically, that’s idle or neutral

1 Like

use theses remote since in 2017 but never tought i can set the failsafe , can someone tell me if the vx1 as a failsafe function ?

Well that isn’t in the instructions included.

1 Like

This exists.

With a tiny bit of rewiring, the Mini remote holds two 14500 cells in its AA holders. You just need to wire the two cells in parallel instead of in series.

Then you have a remote that can run on two of these with only one wire moved

800mAh 14500 protected lithium ion cell

2 Likes

Well, yes, but that is still less than half the capacity of a high cap/low discharge 18650, requires unplugging on every recharge and the remote itself is barebones feature-wise.

A more feature rich remote like the trampa wand would greatly benefit from the cell holder being repurposed for 1 or 2 fat lipo’s in parallel and a charging circuit, but the software on it wouldn’t be compatible i guess.

@Trampa any chance of a rechargeable version? I very much prefer carrying a powerbank (that is with me anyway) than using 2 sets of cells a week. Even my phone can charge it with a small adapter

But the charged cells last like a year. I’d honestly prefer the charging infrastructure not be in the remote, I tried both ways. On another remote that uses a lot more power, that may be the case. But two 14500 cells charged up will last a year with daily use in this remote.

1 Like

Fair game then. Those cells are a terrible use of space, but with such a low consumption it doesn’t even matter.

I’m tempted to open my vx1 and see if i can route the ground pad from the led’s to a switch. If that proves possible, the 800mAh battery inside it should last forever lol

1 Like

That’s a good idea. I bet I could put an extra resistor in the Mini LED circuit and have that battery last even longer. You could probably almost permanently install the cells at that point they’d last so long

I modded a Mini with an 18500 cell almost 3 years ago and I’ve only charged it a few times. The battery lasts a ludicrously long time.

1 Like

Not sure where to post this but here, the most recent mini remote I purchased has an updated PCB.

7 Likes

Oh wow :open_mouth:

Mini Remote version 2.0

3 Likes

Time will tell if the reliability is the same haha

3 Likes

I’ve been thinking of getting this remote. I like the trigger remote. I had the APS but that thing wants to kill me today lol.

This is a good, time-tested remote that is the defacto standard against which all others are compared.

If you are gentle with the on/off switch, it will offer years of great service. If you Hulk Hogan the power switch, you will find disappointment and sorrow in your future. Use your fingernail to gently slide the switch on or off for flawless operation.

3 Likes

Where is the best place to purchase this mini remote? I’ve seen it on AliExpress and torque board website

It depends where you are and how important delivery speed is to you.

2 Likes

Try moving your antennae (purple) to either the blue or grey spot. I’ve had big issues with the antenna next to the cells like that.

Also, what area are you riding in? ​

Already did that. It cuts worst the way you have it. I live in A very bumpy and hilly area of NYC.

Also, that purple is the third attempt after the two…That is where the antenna is located after I tried the two.

It doesn’t give me too much troubles like it does the gray and blue areas.

Edit: should I just take it out of the enclosure?

1 Like

Is the enclosure carbon or metal? What about the deck?