BatteryJunction.com - Are they legit?

https://www.batteryjunction.com/

These folks claim to be based in Old Saybrook, Connecticut, and claim (of course) to sell only genuine cells.

The prices and selection are ok compared to some of the known-good battery vendors (BulkBattery.com, 18650batterystore.com, IRMbatteries.com, Li-IonWholesale.com), but they do dont appear to sell any of the new popular cells such a Molicel P42A’s. They also claim to have both 30Q’s and 40T’s in stock, which I am skeptical of due to the ongoing shortage of Samsung cells.

Has anyone purchased from them? Can anyone vouch for them being legit? Do they sell garbage fake/counterfeit cells?

Brian, you are the only person on this forum who has linked to batteryjuntion before, so I’m crossing my fingers here that you have purchased from them and can share your experiences :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@Battery_Mooch this topic uses the words “battery,” “cell,” and “genuine,” at least once, so this is your obligatory tag :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Got any experience with this vendor?

5 Likes

looks like they are charging people extra for shipping and some were not able to get their refunds:

https://www.facebook.com/BatteryJunction/posts/2951002241604316

2 Likes

Hmm the second and third complaints are kind of user-error. But that first one about 10-month shipping is really concerning. I dont know why the company didnt address that other than to insist they are based in the US.

Screenshots for non-facebook users:

because they aren’t in the US and they ship via slowest sea freight :crazy_face:

2 Likes

2 Likes

let’s see what they say, if at all :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Yes I bought that linked cell and I use it in Mini Remotes. No issues with the transaction

1 Like

I’m expecting a swift comment deletion and page-ban haha.

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks for your input! Did the package appear to come from a US warehouse? How was the shipping time?

I don’t remember. I’m sorry. It was a low-value transaction so not much scrutiny was applied.

They do carry protected 14500 cells though which are hard to find and work for Mini Remotes.

1 Like

check back in in 10 months time, the result will hopefully be in :rofl:

1 Like

No worries! I’m going to make the totally unfounded assumption that since you dont remember, there was nothing of note about it (such as a 10 month shipping time or a dozen customs stamps in many chinese dialects :joy:)

It’s currently 3:30AM in Conneticut, so if someone there is awake and shadow-banning on their facebook account, then I think there is a good chance that its actually a Chinese company haha. What time is it in HK for you?

3 Likes

currently 1632 on 22FEB :joy:

1 Like

AKA, business hours :sunglasses: Now all we have to do is wait for them to drop the ban-hammer lol

2 Likes

kinda, but tbh china’s business hour is 0000~2359 :joy: its just a matter of if they want to reply, especially the manufacturing industry

3 Likes

Same :sob:

2 Likes

I have heard of them and some from the vaping community have ordered from them but I’m not aware of what reputation they have with their customers.

5 Likes

Ok so turns out I’m a dumdum, and upon rereading Sharon’s original post it is clear she is not talking about BatteryJunction with regards to the 10 month shipping. In my defense, it was 2 in the morning when I wrote that lol.

5 Likes

at least now we got an answer, however, if u do chose to source from them, let us know how it goes

1 Like